Tennessee

Anybody in West Tennessee in need of a Silver Wyandotte Cockerel? I'm not 100% sure of his age, but he's handling my 9 1/2 month old pullets just fine. I took him in about 2 months ago and he was still peeping, so maybe 5-6 months? He's the loveliest rooster in temperament that I've had in a while--tolerates handling, isn't rough with the pullets, and even treats chicks gently and attentively, calling them to food. He doesn't chase me or my kiddo, unlike pretty much every male I've had (including Silkie cockerels...)

Unfortunately, due to his youth he is really enjoying crowing right now. He's not super loud, but I live in a suburban area and the last thing I need is for people to get irritated at my chickens. I've been keeping him inside the garage at night so he won't bother people in the morning (he crows off and on in short bursts starting at 7 am, but is nowhere near obnoxious). I can't even hear him in the house without the window open, and the coop/run is less than 100' away, but I am a bit of a coward when it comes to conflict, so I'm looking into my options.

Normally I process excess/problematic cockerels, but this one has such a lovely temperament that I'd hate to have to do that with him. So if any of y'all could give him a safe home with some ladies to protect, let me know. I'm more than happy to deliver him (within reason) to such a place. If I absolutely have to, I can keep him cooped up until he isn't drowning in new testosterone, but I don't want to do that to him if I can avoid it.

Hello everyone. I live in Huntsville, AL, and I'm looking for someplace near me to buy around 10 young Red Star pullets. Just wondering of anyone had a contact in North Alabama or Tennessee. Appreciate any help.

Anybody in West Tennessee in need of a Silver Wyandotte Cockerel? I'm not 100% sure of his age, but he's handling my 9 1/2 month old pullets just fine. I took him in about 2 months ago and he was still peeping, so maybe 5-6 months? He's the loveliest rooster in temperament that I've had in a while--tolerates handling, isn't rough with the pullets, and even treats chicks gently and attentively, calling them to food. He doesn't chase me or my kiddo, unlike pretty much every male I've had (including Silkie cockerels...)

Unfortunately, due to his youth he is really enjoying crowing right now. He's not super loud, but I live in a suburban area and the last thing I need is for people to get irritated at my chickens. I've been keeping him inside the garage at night so he won't bother people in the morning (he crows off and on in short bursts starting at 7 am, but is nowhere near obnoxious). I can't even hear him in the house without the window open, and the coop/run is less than 100' away, but I am a bit of a coward when it comes to conflict, so I'm looking into my options.

Normally I process excess/problematic cockerels, but this one has such a lovely temperament that I'd hate to have to do that with him. So if any of y'all could give him a safe home with some ladies to protect, let me know. I'm more than happy to deliver him (within reason) to such a place. If I absolutely have to, I can keep him cooped up until he isn't drowning in new testosterone, but I don't want to do that to him if I can avoid it.

Update, I found him a home in Horn Lake, MS. Much more acreage than he had here and his new owner said he was gonna get some SLW hens for Mr. Squeaky (the rooster's name).

Hey guys!! I'm Relocating to Tennessee (chattanooga area) and want to find a good place for a homestead, within half hour of chattanooga, while staying in Tennessee. The crime rates don't look great, even in the country.
Do you guys have suggestions of safe places to live around there?

I've heard soddy daisy is great but the crime rates don't look good. What kind of experiences have you guys had?

Areas to avoid or to check out?
Edited to add more locations.
Safer rural areas: Birchwood, Georgetown, Mcdonald, Apison. Soddy isn't too bad I think, you just have to cross the river every time you go downtown and traffic bottlenecks.

Avoid: downtown Chattanooga, Brainerd, East Ridge, North Chatt, South Hwy 58/bonny oaks
Anyone have any Buff or Gold laced Brahmas for sale?
I may have some buff laced brahmas hatching eggs or chicks this spring. Hen has a rose comb possibly recessive single, roo has a single so there's a chance of a single comb on the chicks. They're a little bit bigger than hatchery bred. Chattanooga/Cleveland or nearby for pickup.

Last edited:
West tn here and it has been unbelievably cold here last couple days spost to get down to 3 degrees tonight.... what about everyone else?

Attachments

• D9DD2F3D-5584-427D-AE59-410C80C3C7CE.jpeg
    D9DD2F3D-5584-427D-AE59-410C80C3C7CE.jpeg
    564.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom