Tennessee

This may seem like an odd question. I am looking at moving to Tennessee soon and want to still be able to keep chickens. I am from Colorado and we do not have many bugs here. I am a bit freaked out by roaches.
How does one keep them out of the chicken coop? I want to go into this prepared.
I have found a very nice property that would be a lovely place to keep chickens or even cattle. I just do not want to deal with bugs after they get in. Prevention being what I am hoping to learn more about.

Thanks in advance,
Babs

This may seem like an odd question. I am looking at moving to Tennessee soon and want to still be able to keep chickens. I am from Colorado and we do not have many bugs here. I am a bit freaked out by roaches.
How does one keep them out of the chicken coop? I want to go into this prepared.
I have found a very nice property that would be a lovely place to keep chickens or even cattle. I just do not want to deal with bugs after they get in. Prevention being what I am hoping to learn more about.

Thanks in advance,
Babs

You'll LOVE TN.
The good news is that if you should have roaches you'll never see them. Poultry are omnivores. They require animal protein and bugs should be a big party of their diet unless you you supplementing them with meat or some other kind of animal protein. We rotate ours daily to assure they get enough animal protein all summer and raise BSF to freeze for them to have during the winter.

Hi all, I posted this in East TN, but it's not very active, so I thought I'd try here. I have this British cream legbar rooster available. We normally harvest extra roos, but he was so sweet and beautiful I kept him back for breeding. Unfortunately, now I have issues from too many roos and must rehome him. He's 9 months old. If you think he might be right for your flock, please let me know! I am in Greene County and often travel to Knoxville.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom