Tennessee

Hi All!

Getting started with 8 EE Bantams that are now 5-6 days old...considering I they were sent as "day old" I'm trying to figure which day were they actually hatched on?

Another TN person...Knoxville so East TN!

Hello everyone. Knoxville, TN here. We're looking to get started with chickens and would love some advice from locals on where to begin. We've got plenty of space, and small children. Thanks!

Hi All!

Getting started with 8 EE Bantams that are now 5-6 days old...considering I they were sent as "day old" I'm trying to figure which day were they actually hatched on?

Another TN person...Knoxville so East TN!

Hello everyone. Knoxville, TN here. We're looking to get started with chickens and would love some advice from locals on where to begin. We've got plenty of space, and small children. Thanks!

I'm a vanleer Tennessee as well so welcome

Welcome all the new folks! I am east Nashville, outside of Mt. Juliet. There is also a Middle Tennessee thread which in the past has been more active than the Tennessee thread.

My advice on where to begin would be a strong coop which is as predator proof as possible. Coop first, chickens second.
Then consider what you want from your chickens; eggs mainly, meat, breeding, or friendly yard art!
Around BYC, obtaining the chickens is usually the easy part. Do your research though. Not only the breed, but also the breeder. Look at pictures of their stock and know what you are supposed to be getting. There is a lot to learn. BYC has many helpful articles and links. If you have a certain breed in mind, find the thread that is about that breed for more information.

I'm from Northeast TN near Erwin, my husband and 2 sons and I are excited about starting our flock. We have 12 chickies and just love them. It's nice to meet folks from nearby who love chickens too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom