Tennessee

Hello from Scotts Hill. The wife and I just moved here from Wisconsin. We've a small flock of small chickens; serama and Japanese bantams. I have three 6 week old frizzle serama roosters to part with-to sell or trade-need/want a black tailed white Japanese hen/pullet. Below is a picture of our mature rooster. The cockerels will look similar.
Glad y'all made it safe and sound. Hopefully no snow shoveling for you this year.
1f60a.png

Howdy Justus 85, Hillbilly Fab, and Sevanson Wood! I'm a new-ish Memphian transplant too - and an even newer BYC'er. Most people I know out here are raising there chickens further out of town, but we're crazy enough to be doing it inside the 240 loops in East Memphis. Cool to see there are more 901 peeps out there like us! We have three girls, Goldie Locks the Easter Egger, Amelia Egghart the Barred Rock, and Penelope the Red Star. They're about 17 weeks so we're still waiting to see what kind of layers they'll be.

:welcome

Hello from Scotts Hill, TN.  My wife and I are fairly new to Tennessee; we moved here from Wisconsin four months ago, so I am not sure where Gray is in relation to Scotts Hill. Welcome to BYC. Our flock consists of a trio of EEs, a pair of Japanese bantams, several cross breeds, and numerous serama bantams. Scotts Hill has a poultry auction twice monthly which you might be interested in-lots to look at and low prices.

Thank you. Gray is in NE TN, between Kingsport and Johnson City. For now my flock is just right for my needs. I do want to try raising a few chicks this spring and see if I can get them to be self sustaining. I am thrilled with having them and surprised at how much I'm learning.

Hi from Gray (East TN). Just replenished my flock today after a predator disaster a couple weeks ago. I now have 1 white Americauna, 1 Gold Laced Orp, 4 Buff Orps and a Blue Orp Roo. Having a great time with my new hobby and interested in communicating with everyone but especially anyone close by. BYC is such a super group of people!

Sorry to hear about your loss. Good luck and have fun with the new ones. Yes, BYC is a great asset to the chicken (and other poultry) world!

Sorry to hear about your loss. Good luck and have fun with the new ones. Yes, BYC is a great asset to the chicken (and other poultry) world!

Thank you. On a positive note: I got a little worried yesterday after introducing them to my other chickens. Two of them started acting strange, running around, squawking and checking out the coop. After awhile they settled down and I had a feeling. Checked the nest boxes and found my first two eggs! So excited.

Thank you. On a positive note: I got a little worried yesterday after introducing them to my other chickens. Two of them started acting strange, running around, squawking and checking out the coop. After awhile they settled down and I had a feeling. Checked the nest boxes and found my first two eggs! So excited.

Haha. Pleasant surprise. Congrats!

We live in the very bottom corner where TN meets GA. We were hit by an EF3 tornado on November 30th. It was all over every news station.

Back
Top Bottom