Tennessee

Pics
Quote:
same with me. we are almost to the park, so it's safe to say our chickens are legal.

i told him the same thing, just do it and worry about it later. i advised him against a rooster, but other than that i said go for it. he only want to have 4 or 5 laying hens, so i can't see how it would be a problem... the only downside is that i'll be losing him as a customer!

... the only downside is that i'll be losing him as a customer!

I heard that. I recently retired and was trying to deliver eggs to my co-workers in Knoxville about twice a month. Well with winter, and a molt coming on, I "jacked the rolling store up and put it on blocks for the winter" and we're eating all those good eggs ourselves.
lau.gif

I would not worry to much about chicken laws in TN. Most of those type say pullets/ hens only if you have them they will be a big in city thing like Nashville and such. Most towns do not care in TN as it is very farm oriented as is. But if you feel better contact your state extension office or look it up here on BYC under the chickens law section higher up.

I do know some towns like Morristown are getting tougher on livestock in town limits because they are trying to be a big town and get to city size. But that is not the norm for many towns in TN just a few.

Closed today we now own a house in Sharon. My best friend will be there at the end of Dec. I will be there to so I can help out for a week or so. Then I will be moving this spring! There is a ton of work to be done so if anyone is bored the last week of Dec come on over we will put ya to work!

Quote:
CityGirl,

Nice job on the Blue Coop! There's lots o' things I really like about it. A good looking shed roof with that big ole vent all the way across the front! Like the balcony, porch or platform on the front....very cool! The roosts all the same level....great idea. And love the milk crate nests! Like the blue! And the part about rolling wheel barrow up to door and raking everything out is Smart with a capital S! Great job!
big_smile.png

So, the actual coop floor area is 3' x 8' from what I read, correct?

How many hens to you keep in this coop?

Back
Top Bottom