Tennessee

Pics
Yes.
big_smile.png
You can even look it up on line.

Quote:
CityGirlintheCountry has some in Middle TN and I will getting some from her when her girls get warmed up laying.

Just to clarify, I have EEs here at my farm (ameraucana rooster with a variety of hens). I also have pure BBS ameraucanas and eventually will have pure buff silkies. The welsummer eggs will be coming from Lauralou in Virginia. She is raising pure welsummers (and let me tell you, they are absolutely gorgeous!). We are trading eggs later in the spring and I will be selling off the extras that hatch from that trade. I have two welsummer hens here, but I have no welsummer roosters.

That being said, I currently have a brooder full of EE babies and am getting ready to hatch out a round of olive eggers from my welsummer/ameraucana mix. My EEs come from either a mixed flock pen (wyandottes, buff orps, EE hens) with a black ameraucana rooster or from a pen with EEs and a blue ameraucana rooster. The babies from pen one are all black. The babies from pen two are turning out blue. So far they are all looking like ameraucanas.
smile.png

Pics from last week-
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/wessie/IMG_5726-1.jpg

Let me know if you are interested. I can hatch out straight run EE chicks or (if you are willing to wait a bit) can sell you started pullets.

hide.gif
Oh I hope you didn't mind me posting about your eggs and chickes, I just didn't think to ask so sorry. I'am just so excited about getting a welsummer and some ture Ameraucana from you!!

Quote:
Just to clarify, I have EEs here at my farm (ameraucana rooster with a variety of hens). I also have pure BBS ameraucanas and eventually will have pure buff silkies. The welsummer eggs will be coming from Lauralou in Virginia. She is raising pure welsummers (and let me tell you, they are absolutely gorgeous!). We are trading eggs later in the spring and I will be selling off the extras that hatch from that trade. I have two welsummer hens here, but I have no welsummer roosters.

That being said, I currently have a brooder full of EE babies and am getting ready to hatch out a round of olive eggers from my welsummer/ameraucana mix. My EEs come from either a mixed flock pen (wyandottes, buff orps, EE hens) with a black ameraucana rooster or from a pen with EEs and a blue ameraucana rooster. The babies from pen one are all black. The babies from pen two are turning out blue. So far they are all looking like ameraucanas.
smile.png

Pics from last week-
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/wessie/IMG_5726-1.jpg

Let me know if you are interested. I can hatch out straight run EE chicks or (if you are willing to wait a bit) can sell you started pullets.

hide.gif
Oh I hope you didn't mind me posting about your eggs and chickes, I just didn't think to ask so sorry. I'am just so excited about getting a welsummer and some ture Ameraucana from you!!

Oh, no worries! By all means do spread the word. I've got so many hatching out this spring that somebody is going to need to spread the word that they're for sale or I'll be swamped with chickens!
lol.png
I just didn't want you to think that I had a welsummer rooster and they were coming from my little farm. Lauralou is the one doing all the breeding work on the welsummers. I want her to get credit for her hard work!
smile.png

The newspaper article wasn't about BYC dot com they were only mentioned.It was about chickens here in Middle TN showing our more rural chickens and city chickens in our area..my kids are just so cute
hugs.gif
ok I had to brag a bit about them-Ethan was real shy and didn't want his pictures taken as much.I wish they would have mentioned more about the efforts we put into breeding our chickens here in TN how seriously we really take it..mine was focused more on just eggs which is only a small part of our place.Still any news coverage is good coverage
Oh we have lots of chicks here right now if anyone is looking..EE's Andy's and a bunch more
frow.gif

I am here in Saltillo, tn, in Harden county. I just got 8 chicks from the local TS supply. The girls [Hopely] are started to grown out their wings. I have 2 pale yellows, 2 pale browns, 2 black/white fur with hair on feet 1 black/gray breast growing white feather on the wings hair on the ft n black /yellow breast growing white feather too. the store told me they didnot need a light bulb for heat but i put one on the corner of the cage any ways and they sat under the light i have them in the family room now. AT what age can they stay out in coop at night and what cold temp can they be in at this age. the forecast for week is going to be in 30s on thursday night. where is the spring time temps lol. just move here from SC
and having chickens
i will post pics of them later
laura

Quote:
Welcome to BYC! I'm in Selmer. I grew up in Savannah though. Nice to see a local here
smile.png
Not sure how old your birds are but 8 weeks they can go out without heat at night.

Quote:
hide.gif

Oh, no worries! By all means do spread the word. I've got so many hatching out this spring that somebody is going to need to spread the word that they're for sale or I'll be swamped with chickens!
lol.png
I just didn't want you to think that I had a welsummer rooster and they were coming from my little farm. Lauralou is the one doing all the breeding work on the welsummers. I want her to get credit for her hard work!
smile.png

I'm sorry I'm confused by your post. So...you may have extra welsummers to sell later in the spring as well as olive eggers soon? You can also do a run from pen #1 or #2 if needed I think? If so are you willing sell some S.R welsummers and olive eggers? I wouldn't mind a blue or two from pen #2 either.

Back
Top Bottom