Tennessee

Pics
are you looking to sell these geese or give them away? waiting to see pics. I would love a pair of geese. My lone goose lost his mate and i am sure he would love some buddies.

Quote:
do you know what kind of geese they are? can you post pictures? i might be seriously interested if they are the "right" birds!!

oh yeah..... for those of you in middle Tennessee. There is going to be a TRADE DAY next saturday, MAY 1, 2010 from 7am to 2pm at the Farm Supply store in Columbia on Bear Creek Pike. Not sure exactly what all will be there but i went to the one the end of march and they had chickens, ducks, geese, puppies, goats, guineas, rabbits, calves..... etc.

Anyway, just figured i would get the word out.

Don't know one goose from another. They're white (well kinda gray right now cause they're dirty) and honk and hiss - but they have gotten quieter now that they know us. They're brother and sister according to my stupid, soon to be killed, brother-in-law.

We have a friend who lives just across the road about 1/4 mile who has a pond. Gary wants to try him first. If that doesn't work, I'll let you all know.

Right now, they're in my chicken tractor in the middle of my yard in the pouring rain, calmly eating grass and eyeballing my lettuce and spinach beds.

I'll post pics when the sun comes back out.

1) Here are the directions to the Dandridge Event...

Take I-40 east to Exit 432 in Newport, turn left on Hwy 25/70. Go about 1.5-2 miles. It will be on the right. There is a KOA campground sign just before you get to the fairgrounds. It's called the Cocke County A&I Fairgrounds.

2) I'll be happy to car pool from Maryville. All I've got is my little S-10 an dI plan to return with stock, so I could only haul one extra person. But if several Maryville folks are interested in bringing back stock, I'd be happy to transport (I found all my tie-down straps)
tongue2.gif

Thanks for the info wegotchickens. I know exactly where the fairgrounds are, I pass by there a lot on the way to the lake.

Do you know if there are ever any pheasant or peafowl there for sale. I would come to possibly buy some chickens but if peafowl or pheasant is ever there I would definitely make a point to be there.

Last edited:
BlooRoo, I think I may have a track on some pheasants...my papaw mentioned that my uncle is setting like 200 eggs for a guy down toward Benton...I'll see them tomorrow and get further info.

BlooRoo, I think I may have a track on some pheasants...my papaw mentioned that my uncle is setting like 200 eggs for a guy down toward Benton...I'll see them tomorrow and get further info.

Thanks possumblossum keep me posted. You can pm me any info if you need to.​

The Cocke County show is in Newport this sat May 1st.The swap meet is in Dandridge on sat. may 8th. Dandridge is in Jefferson County need info give me a call 985-974 0397 Louis

I'm so thrilled with our new babies that I have to post a pic for my Tennessee neighbors.

35167_embden_goslings_2.png

We bought two embden geese, but the gander and a third goose had already been sold when we arrived. The previous owners gave us seven eggs along with the geese and we added a few more that were laid after the geese came to our house. We put them all in the incubator not really expecting much to happen. As of this morning 9 of the 14 eggs have hatched!

Back
Top Bottom