Tennessee

Pics
awwww.... they are too cute!!!
droolin.gif
I want some!

As promised, here's the geese. They're in my chicken tractor and the sheet overhead is to protect them from the hot noon sun. The guy across the road was afraid to take them because he has 2 sets of wild geese nesting by his pond and they're fighting any other geese who fly in. We have a call in right now to Gary's nephew, but his mom doesn't think he'll want them. So, as soon as I hear from him, I'll let you know. They've quietened down a lot. I had to go by them last night about 10:30 with a flashlight and they didn't make a sound. Oh, and they have blue eyes.

43937_geese_001.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
The one in the middle was the last to hatch and he/she is still wet. He/she should dry to the same color as the others.

Gotcha. In the photo her bill looked dark too, so I thought maybe she was something different than the othes.

Quote:
i would say Embden, or at least an Embden cross. but that one on the right has a bit of a crest so they could be Romans, also. do you have a guess on weight? Romans are quite a bit smaller than Embdens.

if the nephew doesn't want them, i'll definitely take them off your hands!

They probably are Roman then. I read some posts about geese and they were talking about how big Embden geese are. Gary's held them and he guessed 5-10 lbs. But, you've got to remember he's used to lifting 50 lb. sacks of feed like they were nothing, so he wouldn't know 5 lbs if it smacked him in the face. We'll give Shawn until tonight to call and if he doesn't, they're yours. I don't know if they've ever had the priviledge of swimming in a lake, so they'll be like kids in a candy shop.

Edited to fix my spelling. That Friendsville education's not working again.

Last edited:
tn.lou :

The Cocke County show is in Newport this sat May 1st.The swap meet is in Dandridge on sat. may 8th. Dandridge is in Jefferson County need info give me a call 985-974 0397 Louis

I know where the newporrt show is now. I know less about dandridge but would rather go to the swap meet. Where is it in dandride?​

It's between Dandridge and Kodak on hwy 25/70. I-40 exit 415 is 25/70 go west about 3 miles on left at Double R Farms Feed Store. You can also get off on I-40 exit 412 turn north go to stop sign turn right on 25/70 go 1 mile store on right.

Back
Top Bottom