Tennessee

Pics
Someone tell me WHERE in Delano the Amish sales are!!!! lol. I live in Englewood and don't have a clue. I am more interested in their veggies... but I really wouldn't mind checking out the poultry too.

HELP!

Randy Bivens... in Sweetwater... I have never bought from him, but he is ALWAYS having something for sale so I'm sure you can find someone who would know. I have emailed him about his Arucanas... decided against the whole breed, though.

Quote:
It all depends on whether they'll get up that early. I was on my way back from Newport on Saturday before any of them knew I had left.
gig.gif

Well, once you see it and go back and tell them, the kids especially will be clammoring to go next time.

Quote:
Go south on 411 Hwy - about 10 miles past Etawah, you'll see signs for a winery and Delano Community Market. If it's the last Saturday of the month, there will also be a sign for Small Animal Sales. Turn right, go past the winery. After you go around a curve there's a road to your right called Needle Eye. Take that right and go through the underpass. The buildings for the small animal sales and the market are on your left. There's a big gravelled parking lot and they were in the process of expanding their parking. It's a very popular place. I think the market is open everyday but Sunday, but I'm not sure. Their vegetables are all very fresh - well with no refrigeration, they would have to be. Straight from the fields to the market. They store them under the building, so it is cool down there. They have canned foods, breads, cookies (at least on Saturdays). I encourage everyone to drive through their farms - it will take you back in time and even as hectic as it is on Animal Sales day, it is very relaxing.

Thanks so much... I live so close and had no clue exactly where it was. It's not like you could call them. lol. Seriously, I wanted to get directions for years now. I'm from Sweetwater, really... just bought my house here in Englewood... and no one in Sweetwater even knows what I'm talking about and I don't know anyone here in Englewood. How ironic is it that the WORLD WIDE web led me to the person who could help with a local question!?!

That's funny. When I first got chickens and started to look for some information, I found a website called Backyard Poultry and thinking it was the magazine, started lurking. It's a forum like BYC. But, they talked funny, and I couldn't figure out the time difference. Finally like a bolt from the blue, I realized it was people from Australia, England, etc. I think I asked some kind of questions and they told me I could probably get answers quicker from BYC. I still lurk there sometimes. They've got a great emergency thread and sticky's with lots more information. Sometimes our posts go over the same things over and over. I just want to smack my monitor and say "Search, stupid", but my mama taught me better manners, so I don't.

Anyway you'll love the Amish farms. They are the hardest working devoted people I've ever seen.

Quote:
Now, that is funny.... I know the site. Yes, I agree ours go over and over the same things... people have their favorite answers to everything. (sorry if I hurt someone's feelings) Another thing that is great about the British... they seem to REALLY know chickens. I have searched their site, myself. There are some Brits here but they tend to not speak up much.

Thanks again for the help with the farm!

tn.lou :

DON'T FORGET TRADE-DAY THIS SATURDAY MAY 8th IN DANDRIDGE Everyone is welcome to buy, sell, trade or just talk about it

Sorry, Lou, but I can't make this one.

When will the next one be?
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom