Tennessee

Hi Ya'll. I registered on here a while back,but kinda forgot about this forum:(. But Im here now. I dont have any chickens yet,but plan on a spring flock. Both for eggs and eating. I live in West Tn close to Memphis.
big_smile.png

Quote:
HAHA!! Yeah, I made it home without him popping out! That box was sturdier than it looked. I put him in with the hens and they all grouped together and just stared at him, like "who the hell are you and why are you in our run?"

Quote:
HAHAHA! he probably thinks he's in heaven then- my big roos and the older hens gave him a decent amount of run around. he's probably thinking that a bit of peace and quiet, with the future prospects of his own harem of hens, is the greatest thing EVER.

Quote:
I live about 30 minutes north of Dyersburg. I have RIR, OEGB's, Buff Orphington, 1 Blue orphington roo,2 cuygua (sp?) ducks and 1 pekin duck, Cortunix, Silkies, Sizzles, Frizzles, Production red, and a couple that I don't know what they are except they are bantams. Oh and a bantam EE roo. Some of the chickens belong to my grandson, he works around here on the weekends and then sometimes instead of payment he will ask for a chicken.
thumbsup.gif
A couple of them he caught when we where at the auction. They had been running loose for a few months and he finally caught them. We lost one that he has yet to catch.
barnie.gif
He said he's bringing the net next time.
fl.gif

Anyway,
welcome-byc.gif
and maybe we can do some trading sometime.

Quote:
HAHAHA! he probably thinks he's in heaven then- my big roos and the older hens gave him a decent amount of run around. he's probably thinking that a bit of peace and quiet, with the future prospects of his own harem of hens, is the greatest thing EVER.

Yeah, he crows nice and proudly in the mornings
tongue.png
the hens are still eyeballing him, but most of the hens still havn't started laying yet so he'll fit in just nicely come spring. I've been hating this cold weather! I have to empty water bowls at night and wake up when the chickens do to fill them up with warm water... then go out later to break up ice. I need solar powered bowl warmers!

Anyone going to be hatching off goslings in the spring? I want a few goslings come spring and prefer not to buy them online since most have a minimum order. My mom wants me to raise a goose for next years Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner
smile.png

Quote:
Yeah, we could do that. I want 3-5 goslings, where are you going to order them from? Sometimes you can order males and females specifically instead of straight run. I was hoping if I could find someone who was hatching them off they'd be cheaper than ordering, but if I don't have to order the minimums it'd be just as good.

Quote:
how old are the Silkie girls?

I may be interested in a couple sizzles...and a friend of mine is looking for Silkies...you still have any??
I am having knee surgery the 17th...any advice? Dread it...don't like being away from the animals!

Downsizing here....lots of bantam cochins for sale, see BST area for more details. Also have tons of young (4-5 weeks or less) LF olive egger roosters available.........they'll need to be under a heat lamp but should make decent dual purpose meat boys.

Back
Top Bottom