Tennessee

Quote:
My house would have a large living room, the master bedroom and bath would be large and have one of those jacuzzi tubs. The kitchen would be large with a dining room to hold a large table so on holidays I would have room for my family to eat at the table. I would have a spare room so when my grandsons come to visit they would have a room to sleep in. An attached garage. A porch around the house and a covered in ground heated pool. The yard would have beautiful flower gardens. This would be the area that would be fenced off from the chickens. We can't seem to be able t keep nice flower gardens because the chickens think they have to scratch everything up and dig holes to roll around in. My chickens find a bit of loose dirt and it's on. They will stand in line to have a turn at rolling around in the dirt. I've seen them argue over it.
rant.gif

They will have their own dirt to dust bath in, in their own space. They do now but they prefer to roll around in the flower beds. I'm not gonna mention what the cat does in my flower pots.
somad.gif

The day the tornado's blew through we lost 2 birds one Marans pullet and Noisy Butt.With hundreds of chickens here you wouldn't think 1 bantam rooster could be such an influence but he was.Like all bantam Cochin roos he knew he was hot stuff and boy would he tell everyone-hence the name.He was a loved pet as well although always made Ethan "catch" him he enjoyed every second of being cuddled.We had hatched the last blue mottled chick several weeks ago...so we thought.Last night from Noisy Butt's lady(black mottled)-he had many but she was special and stopped laying after he died she has only laid one egg since..of coarse it went to the bator she's with 2 other roos black mottled and black from the egg emerged a BLUE mottled chick
celebrate.gif

Yes, there is a Santa Claus my present just came early
Another 100% hatch complete and now for a quick wash and reset yesterdays lockdown eggs...oops

Quote:
That reminds me of what I did today. I had to take some eggs to the post office so as soon as I finished with the chickens I grabbed the box and headed to the P.O. I realized as I was standing there I was wearing the coat I wear out to the coops and my boots which have chicken poo embedded in the soles. I had a sick chicken and had carried her inside and there was still snot on my jacket.

It's strange how things like that don't affect us where other people would cringe.
(note to self - wash coat)

Quote:
That reminds me of what I did today. I had to take some eggs to the post office so as soon as I finished with the chickens I grabbed the box and headed to the P.O. I realized as I was standing there I was wearing the coat I wear out to the coops and my boots which have chicken poo embedded in the soles. I had a sick chicken and had carried her inside and there was still snot on my jacket.

It's strange how things like that don't affect us where other people would cringe.

This right here is why I like you guys! It's so nice to know that there are other delightful kooks out there like me.
smile.png
My family would be horrified. . . though I do take peculiar pleasure in shocking them when I get the chance.

Quote:

This right here is why I like you guys! It's so nice to know that there are other delightful kooks out there like me.
smile.png
My family would be horrified. . . though I do take peculiar pleasure in shocking them when I get the chance.

HAHA! My loving sister told me I was a redneck!
tongue.png
She also told me I'm lucky I'm cute and have all my teeth!
gig.gif

ETA: The jacket I bought is camo
tongue.png
not the army camo but the hunting kind! The sales lady was helping me find my size and I asked her if they sale womans camo jackets and she said no so I said "darn you sexist stores!" She agreed with me and said all womans clothing are pink and have pink stitching, as if the only color we wear is pink?
barnie.gif

Last edited:
You could probably have found one at a TSC or another large farm store. We have Rural King and they have nearly the same stuff for women as they do for men. They do have alot of pink though also. They have John Deere boots for girls that are pink. They cost about as much as a real tractor. (not really) but they are expensive. Not something I would buy for a child to ruin.

What we really need is CHICKEN CAMO. I guess I don't need to tell you what it would look like.
tongue.png

Yep, you could wear your chicken camo coat to clean the coops, swing a car air freshener around your neck and be good to go for your other errands. . .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom