Tennessee

While I don't have bantam AMs, about half of my original flock were bantams. I started with a silver sebright, a couple of mille fleur d'uccles, an OEGB and a bunch of silkies. The silkies are clearly my favorites, but I have to say that the OEGB is a close second. She is a hoot and a half! If my banty pen was larger I would totally be adding to the bantam mix. As it is, I am restricting myself to the silkies and trying to not diversify any more. Well, at least until I can build more pens! HA!
At the moment I have a partially full standard size Ameraucana pen, a mostly full EE pen (with a mix of AMs, buff orps, wyandottes and welsummers), the silkie pen and the banty pen. All but the AM pen are at capacity. Until I have the means to do another pen I am just adding AMs to that one pen. Everything else is getting sold. So no new banties for me, even if they are adorable!
smile.png

Did y'all get any snow this morning? I am thankfully clear. In about an hour I am heading to Nashville. Hopefully it will stay clear until I get back home!
fl.gif

They're all lovely, ladies! Someday I'll expand my horizons with some named varieties....right now mine are mixes of various types (mutts!), but they're all pretty neat. I DO have two bantams....silkie mixes. Both are just as sweet as can be so I certainly see why you all carry on so about them!
thumbsup.gif

That description of them as talkative, inquisitive and friendly is right on!!!

any one in NE breed maran? I am looking for some dark egg layers and have not found any local. I dont want to order from one of the big hatcheries. no bator to hatch eggs. If you know anyone with marans please pm me

Was going to say Raven...she has purdy Marans
lol.png
I would have some but my Marans Rooster prefers the Ameraucana hens to his own so not getting many chicks
idunno.gif

I'm in C'Ville way too often usually mid mornings week days..I meet with Amy-HappyMtn and exchange chicks while the kids tear up McDonalds for awhile.They could hitch a ride up with me not a problem. Going up this coming week of coarse if I have to pick up chicks who knows what I will need to bring home
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom