Tennessee

Hey Stanglover,

My family is from Oakdale in Morgan Co. and Harriman in Roane Co. That is close to you, right? I have family scattered all over that area-Sunbright, Rockwood, Wartburg, Petros, Coalfield, maybe Mossy Grove (well I guess that isn't really a town), Oakridge, and a bunch of other places that aren't really towns. While living on the NC coast I ran into a family from Wartburg. The daughter and I were at the elementary school at the same time, just a few years apart.

Quote:
Yup, Harriman is really close to where I am and I live in Roane Co. (the edge). That's really cool, I havn't lived here for but almost 3 years. My DH has lived here practically all his life, and most of our neighbors are related to him in some way
gig.gif
his grandfather had like 18 kids with 2 women (first one passed away, no divorce or cheating
big_smile.png
) So, every girl he wanted to date he had to bring it up with his family to make sure they weren't related. I know I'm not related to him!!!

good to see everyone is alive after all this horrible snow! i hate it. be gone! the birds don't really seem to care though.

so, a chicken friend who is NOT tech savy asked me to have a look around for a whole bunch of fancy bantams he wants. he's getting rid of his LF and going banty "cause they eat less." i know a lot of you breed lovely banties, so.... who's got:

lankenvelders
blue-laced orpingtons
black orpingtons (isn't that what an australorp is?)
welsummers
silver-laced wyandottes
lemon penciled friesians
quail bassette
double-laced barnevelders
black austalorps

he's here in Maryville but would probably travel a bit to get what he wants.

Quote:
I got bantam Barnies and bantam white wyandottes (or is he set on the silver laced?) Both will be ready to get to hatching in spring, but nothing for sale now.

i think he's pretty set on the silver-laced, especially since there are several hatcheries that sell them if he can't find them locally. i will definitely pass on the message about the Barnies though!

eta: do you, or will you in the near future, have any Delaware hens about POL for sell? another friend is wanting to get 3 hens for the back yard and i suggested Dellies as one of the breeds she should look into.

Last edited:
Quote:
Sorry, but I took a HUGE hit to the Delawares this year. Lost my breeding roos and a few hens and pretty much have to start over. I got a order of chicks comming in from whitmore farm and I'm on Bill Braden's egg-want list.

The bantam Barnies are picking up their laying, though. It won't be long for them.

Did you know there is a Delaware breed club now? There is a breeder list, as well. http://www.delawarepoultryclub.org
smile.png

Hey for those that do not know here is the link to the breed club forums. Many breed clubs have their forums listed here. If you belong to a club that wants a forum just ask the owner. http://showbirdbid.proboards.com/index.cgi

Well
, we had more snow here. Just a heavy dusting but man I am tired of snow. We are still just getting 3 eggs a day but I expect that to go up fast since I am letting them out early. They are getting out10 hours now and really ranging much farther. I bet we all have a great chicken year this year.

Last edited:
Quote:
Sorry, but I took a HUGE hit to the Delawares this year. Lost my breeding roos and a few hens and pretty much have to start over. I got a order of chicks comming in from whitmore farm and I'm on Bill Braden's egg-want list.

The bantam Barnies are picking up their laying, though. It won't be long for them.

Did you know there is a Delaware breed club now? There is a breeder list, as well. http://www.delawarepoultryclub.org
smile.png

I have 3 nice Dellie hens and a nice Dellie roo that I hatched from a BYC member named Shortcake I was thinking of selling to make more room for Marans, if you are interested shoot me a PM

Last edited:
We are selling all of our barred rocks we have black barred and blue barred and all of our BO.Then there are a few single comb RIW for RSL some Production Blacks and a Buff Minorca..most are all laying or will be soon.Got to make some room for the others and I'm over run with laying hens.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom