Tennessee

Quote:
http://cpa.utk.edu/pdffiles/cpa154.pdf

This is what the link says.
REQUIREMENTS TO SELL UNCLASSIFIED EGGS
UNDER 50 CASES PER YEAR (30 dozen per case)
1. The eggs must be cleaned and then sanitized in a solution of 50 - 200 ppm of unscented chlorine (test strips required) and then rinsed with potable water. Negative water test for coliform required annually if water source is from non public system. Waste and waste water must be disposed of properly.
2. Generic cartons must be provided with producers name and address and the statement "Unclassified Eggs" on each carton. "Code dates" or "sell by dates", which may be used as lot numbers, are recommended to be placed on the outside of each egg carton.
3. Facility must be inspected and permitted by TDA. Permit as 615 type 015 (Eggs and egg products). Fee relative to size of area used to clean and store eggs, typically $50.00.
4. May use household kitchen or other suitable area for cleaning, sanitizing and packing eggs with emphasis on avoiding contamination.
5. Eggs for sale must be stored below 45 degrees F. in a separate refrigerator from household use away from any hazards and have an accurate thermometer visible in the storage area.

New member--living in Williamson County and moving (probably) to Lebanon--and in town, too. Anyone know rules about hens in town in Lebanon, Wilson County>

Vanessa (used to have goats and chickens--now just chickens!)

Quote:
I live off of the Lynnwood exit, so I am not as familiar with the city ordinances of Lebanon. I believe they were discussing this recently. I think allow chickens but no roosters. Check with the city hall, as they would probably know better than me.

Rooster Geek lives by me
smile.png
Your safe outside of city but Lebanon City has a noise ordinance..dogs,music,roosters it doesn't matter it can't bother any neighbor.My mother lives in City and called to find out exactly what it says..neighbors non stop barking mutt
he.gif

Quote:
Awesome! Do you live on the city side of the school or the graveyard side? I live on the graveyard side and always have to contend with folks either getting lost or dropping animals off at the graveyard.

Take Linwood all the way then Big Springs and wander over until you run into the river..same here pretty much if your out here you live here or lost.

Chicky newbie in Carrol County (Huntingdon). bought 10 acres and starting our mini farm. I just got my pullets today (RIR and Barred Rock) we also got 6 straight runs not sure of the breed or sex. I did somehow end up with a cute little silkie(I think) in the bunch. Ive always loved chickens and am so happy I can finally start raising my own.

Where is everyone?
hu.gif

Welcome all newbies
welcome-byc.gif

So, found someone to buy the chicklets, they'll be gone on Monday. Sold 18 laying hens, 6 pullets and a cockerel today
th.gif
Down to only 30 chickens!!!! thats not counting the meaties... and I have 7 SLW eggs in the bator and paying someone to incubate 2 dozen SLW and RIR eggs total!

Back
Top Bottom