Tennessee

KCsunshine- they are Mennonites, they are an old order community, which means they shun wordly things, no electricity, no telephones, no rubber wheels on their buggies, the list goes on and on. They are very good people though and excellent farmers. We are friends with most of them and usually every Saturday a family will visit us-they bring pies which are sooo good! Most are more friendly with my husband, he enjoys talking about the Lord with them and talking "farming" to. They are great neighbors and we enjoy living next to them. Our other neighbor has a very big dairy farm and he lost the roof off of his barn during a big wind storm a month or so ago. A few days later all the Mennonite men showed up early that morning and put a new roof on it for him, and it was a big barn. How many people would do that now days.

CherokeeTradition-I'm glad you are enjoying the Buttons, I really like them too, they make the most beautiful sounds. Very sweet little things!

I saw on the news a few days ago that a group of Mennonites went down to New Orleans after Katrina and are still going building houses for the people down there. Yes, I admire them a lot. We've been quite friendly with a few especially the ones who work with the chickens. You've got good neighbors.

Morning all! If anyone is interested in checking out the Vol State Poultry Club show out in Dickson tomorrow, I updated the thread with info on the show. Have a great weekend!
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6221279#p6221279

I'm turning off my bators for awhile so I can get the chicks grown enough to leave them for a long overdue trip. So,for the next few weeks I have eggs from all my pens available for sale. May also part with some chicks-Wheaten/ Blue Wheaten and BLRW Chicks have just hatched oh who can forget the adorable Cochin's
big_smile.png

Quote:
How many BLRW chicks do you have? Are they pure? And how much?
tongue.png

I've been looking and looking for some!

I believe 3 just hatched and another 3 or 4 that are about a week old now.They are all blue and splash straight Foley lines.$5.00 a chick until I see how his chicks are growing up...or I'm getting 2 eggs a day normally so I can sell all that is laid for a week..10-12 you know how hens are
barnie.gif
$25 shipped

Quote:
How many BLRW chicks do you have? Are they pure? And how much?
tongue.png

I've been looking and looking for some!

I believe 3 just hatched and another 3 or 4 that are about a week old now.They are all blue and splash straight Foley lines.$5.00 a chick until I see how his chicks are growing up...or I'm getting 2 eggs a day normally so I can sell all that is laid for a week..10-12 you know how hens are
barnie.gif
$25 shipped

How much if I come and get all chicks and eggs?

Back
Top Bottom