Terrible, Terrible Thing Happened This Evening... *Warning: Long post, and semi rant!*

Woke up this morning to hear Brewster crowing his head off. He should be fine. The neighbor's rooster keeps hanging around, fighting with Brewster through the fence.
barnie.gif
Telling the neighbors today, and, if that doesn't work, my dad will be quite able the SSS to the situation.

Geese! your neibor needs to control his rooster! I recommend keeping a bucket of water near, after you talk to your neibor of course. If the rooster comes by again, pour the bucket of water on him.

Gotta do like I have to to the neighbors jerkster on ocassion. Punt his backside and then chase him down and keep kicking when he comes at you with feet flying. Not hard enough to seriously hurt him, but hard enough to keep him away, or catch him... then bury his hind end... Tell the neighbor a hawk got him and your disposed of the carcarss. Jerk.

I am glad Brewsters ok!
hugs.gif

Gotta do like I have to to the neighbors jerkster on ocassion. Punt his backside and then chase him down and keep kicking when he comes at you with feet flying. Not hard enough to seriously hurt him, but hard enough to keep him away, or catch him... then bury his hind end... Tell the neighbor a hawk got him and your disposed of the carcarss. Jerk.

I am glad Brewsters ok!
hugs.gif
Thanks, Nova. Man, the neighbor is just like, "Well, he's a rooster, and I can't help it." It sounds like dad is gonna have to apply SSS to solve this.

I'd tell the neighbor the problem you are having. Otherwise, once the rooster disappears another may take its place. Rooster fights are quite dramatic and I'm glad you weren't seriously damaged. Your rooster should be fine.

I agree with oldchick here, I agree with the SSS as well, and I agree with the scoop him up hold him upside down and take to you neighbor. I have used all 3 but in a different order. SSS was the LAST scenario, and it was NOT with a rooster, it was a dog.

If you do SSS I am pretty sure your neighbor will get another one from the sounds of it and you will be back to square one. I would talk to your neighbor first, tell him what happened, if he has any compassion at all he will feel bad and work to keep him at home. If he doesnt, then go the route of holding him upside down by the legs and delivering him to his owner. The water may help if that doesnt work. If all ELSE fails, Brewster is you baby - do what you need to to protect your flock.

I know how much you care for Brewster and I am SO glad he's ok. I can sympath. on your feelings, we all have been there - done that - and feel SOOOOO bad about it. Give him some extra luvn, treats, and time. He will still luv ya!

ps I have used a shotgun to shoot in the air when i have had a squabble and it instantly stopped the fighting for about 30 seconds. Long enough for you to get ahold of the bad one and take him out of the way to stop the squabble. No one hurt. A can of gravel with a lid shaken has worked for me as well.

Back
Top Bottom