Test hatch in new Dickey incubator - 100% hatch!!

LocoPollo

Songster
Aug 13, 2008
Ellijay, GA
Halfway into day 20 in my new Dickey incubator and I have two pips! (Actually, I started the hatch in my rcom 20 but halfway through moved them to the dickey.) I have 9 speckled sussex eggs and 7 half ss half ee (yep, pure mutts!). All are from my hens, just testing the incubator and, well, just got in the mood to hatch! I am hoping to sell of the chicks because i dont need them at all and also because I have two dozen light sussex eggs coming next week (with a few buff sussex eggs thrown in)!

I am so addicted to hatching!

Oh well, if I get too many chickens, I will just open a soup kitchen!

***Psst -- I already have too many chickens! LOL*****

Last edited:
These Dickey's have way to many slots for eggs.
lau.gif

Yep, incubating in the Dickey is way too easy. I'll have eggs hatching this week, and already wondering what I'll stick in there afterwards. I need eggs, People!!!!
barnie.gif

Oh, and Congrats on the hatch!!
wee.gif

Paula:)

Yep, I am loving this machine too. So easy! I just got back from work and there are seven little chickies in the bator with another 5 pips. Just started day 21 so it looks like everything is great.

Now the problem....

Anyone want any chickies??? LOL

Today is halfway into day 21 and 13 have hatched and two eggs are pipped. One egg hasnt done anything that I can tell. Here's hoping it will pip and it could be a 100% hatch!

Lovin this incubator !

No soup today folks....that darn Dickey is now spitting out a 99% Hatch, perhaps we can have chicken wings....ooops I'm sorry little chicks, I meant a hamburger. CONGRATS! Here's hoping you get more eggs.....Good Luck
HappyHatch'en

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom