Texas BYC Cafe

Anyone close by and want a sweet silkie? My 3 older hens are just bullies to it... I initially wanted to get some more and make a smaller coup but right now I just have to much going on to do so... Its about 6 or 7 months old super passive. Which is the problem for her in our coup the other chicken start bullying it and it stands there and takes it vs the other nest mates take off for cover. I'm in pearland let me know if anyone is interested in Silkie (that's what my daughter named her
smile.png
) Thanks!
)

Anyone close by and want a sweet silkie? My 3 older hens are just bullies to it... I initially wanted to get some more and make a smaller coup but right now I just have to much going on to do so... Its about 6 or 7 months old super passive. Which is the problem for her in our coup the other chicken start bullying it and it stands there and takes it vs the other nest mates take off for cover. I'm in pearland let me know if anyone is interested in Silkie (that's what my daughter named her
smile.png
) Thanks!
)
I hope you find something! My daughter has a white Silkie too and, although she's still a bit of an outcast, the bullying has pretty much stopped. She's still more of a loner though :/ If I wasn't so far I might take her. But I'm up North of Dallas lol

Good luck!

Well like you said before...chicks will be here forever!! The puppy...that exact one you want...well this may be the only chance!
Mel
It may well be. Plus I don't want to be much older and have a puppy. They are a lot to keep up with!

Good breakfast! Thanks girls!
Wow! 4 double yolkers. Nice!!

Here is a song to pluck your chickens to. :) Want to know what you have been singing all these years? LOL! I did not know until a few years ago. It kind of loses all the appeal it once had, doesn't it?

HI,

I live in Houston, but keep my chickens in Burnet at our ranch. Right now I have a 5 Production reds that are about a year, 2 Leghorn pullets, 2 jersey giant pullets, 25 rainbow layer babies (about 6 weeks old), 2 mutts, hatched under a broody, and 4 eggs that should hatch tomorrow if I'm lucky... I'd take her and put her in with the older ones....or maybe with the mama and 2-6 babies?

I'll be back in Houston Monday...or Sunday night, then back up here Wednesday.

HI,

I live in Houston, but keep my chickens in Burnet at our ranch. Right now I have a 5 Production reds that are about a year, 2 Leghorn pullets, 2 jersey giant pullets, 25 rainbow layer babies (about 6 weeks old), 2 mutts, hatched under a broody, and 4 eggs that should hatch tomorrow if I'm lucky... I'd take her and put her in with the older ones....or maybe with the mama and 2-6 babies?

frow.gif
Welcome to the Texas BYC Cafe from Rosenberg!!

Lisa :)

So is Sasha. :)

I heard a Billy Joel song while on hold. That lead to me listening to it on You Tube. Uh oh. Many minutes and songs later, I am back to work. Sort of. lol!
Remember this one?

Baron killed three chickens before he changed his ways. Now, he ignores them - they free range - its all working! We live in Houston, but our Chickens are @ our place in the country near Burnet, TX

HI,

Welcome!
frow.gif

Sounds like a nice set up!

So I'm going to be a creeper and casually go by the feed store after work. I made Josh call again (
roll.png
) and ask what day they'd be in.
She said they were expecting them today, they just hadn't gotten the call yet, but they'd be in tomorrow for sure.
Now the store is on the way to the new sitter's house. I'm going to swing by for some egg cartons...and I'll just HAPPEN to have boxes in the car, you know...just in case they got them in since 12:30...

Back
Top Bottom