Texas

I'm really hoping I can talk my husband into holding them lol, I work A LOT anyways a d when I work nights I don't get time for anything lol. He's going to have to help keep them tame so I can cuddle birds when I get home :p

Make sure he has towel, they poop, A LOT
lau.gif

Oh yeah. Mine just bombed me...lol. Between all the animals and my 1 yo mine dont get as much attention as id like, but an early effort is always good. All the older ones i hve are pretty aloof. One or 2 will come close enough to touch, so im lookin forward to some sweeties, hence the BO's

just testing out my phone.. Updated it and it hasn't wanted to upload pics.

Sooo everyone.. Here is one of my babies that's growing up too fast. Basque chick.

No, they grow up just fast enough to recoop the funds so that they are out of the brooder just as you are ready to refill the brooder! These things are sneaky, lol!

So how does everyone do staggered hatches, if they just have one incubator? I have one set due next Saturday, one the following Friday but will be getting more eggs mid week. I dry hatch, but not sure how to balance "lock down" with the others needing their dry hatch time. Thanks!

Last edited:
Still having fertility problems. This last hatch I had 4 of 20 fertile and only one hatched alive. Two others pipped and that was it for them. The last one did nothing. I have two that are broody and sitting on a few eggs. I'm saving every egg and setting every 10th day. Guess I'm going to do this all summer if my fertility doesn't climb.
How many hens are the cocks servicing?

So how does everyone do staggered hatches, if they just have one incubator? I have one set due next Saturday, one the following Friday but will be getting more eggs mid week. I dry hatch, but not sure how to balance "lock down" with the others needing their dry hatch time. Thanks!
I use a separate hatcher. That way you don't have to change humidity and it doesn't mess up the incubator with the egg hatching leftovers.
That's the only way I know of.

Back
Top Bottom