Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Songster

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    [​IMG]
    DW's rabbit floral cage. The ends are going to be covered in lattice with slats along the back to create a living roof. This will suspend 3-4 cages when complete. Ultimately plan on another one or two to create a semi circular rabbit area. We are pretty excited!

2. RachaelS

RachaelS Songster

Mar 14, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I am so sorry!!!! [​IMG]

Wow that looks GREAT! I bet if it does have climbing plants it would help keep it a lot cooler.

3. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Songster

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    I agree! And in the farmland we live in there is pretty much a constant breeze. And i do plan on putting in a misting system once everything is in place

4. TexasLisa

TexasLisa Crowing

Jan 27, 2012
    Rosenberg, TX
    Welcome to BYC! Make sure to keep us in the loop and post pictures!!
    Welcome to BYC! Sounds like you have been busy. What kind do you have?
    [​IMG]

Lisa :)

5. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Songster

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    Hey guys, i think i need a definition of hooked beak. One of my orps top beak(?) is looking like its over lapping the bottom one more than IM used to seeing. Just curious if its something to worry about.

[​IMG]

In the silouette u can kinda see the overlap im talking about. I cant wait to get a better phone that will take pics i can use, lol

6. jpruett86

jpruett86 In the Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    Borger Tx
    Speaking of pictures!! [​IMG]

:D

7. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Songster

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    Awwwew

8. jpruett86

jpruett86 In the Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    Borger Tx
    If it wasn't for the fact that I'd probably squish them, I'd have them all cuddled up in my arms forever! :p I just love fluffy little chicks.

9. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Songster

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    Lol, i understand. I have one of my orps in my lap as we speak. They are supposed to be one of the friendliest breeds, but im having to make extra effort for these to even tolerate me! So they have regulated hold time every nite. Each ones gets atleast 5 minutes a nite. They are finally coming around, been on this regimine for about 2 weeks now, but theyvare hatchery, sooo

10. jpruett86

jpruett86 In the Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    Borger Tx
    I'm really hoping I can talk my husband into holding them lol, I work A LOT anyways a d when I work nights I don't get time for anything lol. He's going to have to help keep them tame so I can cuddle birds when I get home :p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by