Texas

Precious! Congrats on the new babies! Are they both black silkies?

Nope one is a Blue, she told me what the other one was but I forgot, LOL! My DD wanted it. Got a 2 for 1 special, or I would have just gotten the one
lau.gif

I have seen where people use the wire hanging baskets, could also wire it to the side of the fence.
Thanks. I've never really seen wire hanging baskets so I'll have to go on a search for them. At least if I have seen them I cannot think of what they look like in my head right now.

Here is the pup we picked out yesterday.. this pic was taken when she was just barely 3 weeks old
She's our future livestock guardian

Aw so cute congratulations on your new puppy. That is what I have been thinking about getting but haven't made up my mind yet. Went out to feed my horse today and she has what looks like bite marks on her leg and there are a lot of coyotes around her and what I thought was a lynx plus we have seen a mountain lion. Chickens guineas and geese are secure now I have to worry about my horse
sad.png
My fence is wire and the dog could get through and what I have read about them I would need a secure fence to keep the dog from running off. We have a blue heeler and we keep her in at night and would like to have one that I could keep out at night. I know a blue heeler is a herding dog and she does help me with my horse but she also takes care of the chickens and when I brought the baby goslings and bay chicks home she acts like they are her babies the geese follow her and talk the whole time it is so cute.

Thanks. I've never really seen wire hanging baskets so I'll have to go on a search for them. At least if I have seen them I cannot think of what they look like in my head right now.
Look for them in the gardening section - usually they have moss in them and flowers so you don't notice the wire, but there should be some to buy without all that stuff. Sometimes you can find them in the floral section of craft stores.

Can also get the wire holders for the wild bird suet cakes. I use rope or bird feeder chains to hang off of the wire.

Like the ones used with the moss for hanging plants on the porch, or you could check at Dollar Tree for some kind of metal basket. That is where I got my metal egg basket.

Congrats on all the new babies, sorry for all the losses, hope the new homes are great, sorry to hear about the room mate, Boston terrier, and other critter problems.

The house is coming along slowly but surely. Gotta tent a storage building to house our stuff in the mean time. All of these are in such bad shape that they won't store anything.

Cleaned out one coop,.dirty floor with old dried feces over 8 inches thick. Rebuilt it mostly, just need to add the doors and wire to it. Already has a nice nest box. Still needs the roost added in.

Almost finished with the banty coop. Needs the wire and one more board. Of course it needs the roost and a nest box.

Shot and killed the coon, that killed some of my chickens. I tried catching her in a cage but she was to smart for it. So i tied out a banty and waited. Bye bye coon. Skull will be no good.

Congrats on all the new babies, sorry for all the losses, hope the new homes are great, sorry to hear about the room mate, Boston terrier, and other critter problems.

The house is coming along slowly but surely. Gotta tent a storage building to house our stuff in the mean time. All of these are in such bad shape that they won't store anything.

Cleaned out one coop,.dirty floor with old dried feces over 8 inches thick. Rebuilt it mostly, just need to add the doors and wire to it. Already has a nice nest box. Still needs the roost added in.

Almost finished with the banty coop. Needs the wire and one more board. Of course it needs the roost and a nest box.

Shot and killed the coon, that killed some of my chickens. I tried catching her in a cage but she was to smart for it. So i tied out a banty and waited. Bye bye coon. Skull will be no good.
We'd love to see the before and after pics. A huge sense of accomplishment to bring the barns back to use again.

Back
Top Bottom