Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    Hey sarge, check out my area! Pretty sure some of the smaller towns near me have one! I think new waverly has an emergency clinic...if not willis or coldspring or brehnam or montgomery is sure to have one!

2. Cockle-Dood

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    All my chicks moved into the coup tonite! They are segragated but i no longer have any chcks in the house! I have had babies in my front room since feburary! For now new babies are on hold until i can expand my operation a bit! This weekend is little dood's bday party, so not much will get done as far as chickens go.

Btw any byc'ers are welcome to come! I know i invited sarge and his girls, ken you are more than welcome to bring your grandson out!

3. danieljcbsn

danieljcbsn Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2013
    Aledo tx
    Hey cedar bedding isn't bad for the chicks is it

4. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    I don't know any emergency clinics any where in the boonies lol. They are such a city thing. The one in new braunfels has a wonderful dr.

5. topdycke

topdycke Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2012
    Magnolia, Texas
    Assume its small animals - There is an emergency clinic in Conroe and in Tomball on 249 - had good experience at both and they are well equipped and awesome staff.
    We also head to A&M - have had mixed experiences.

6. Cockle-Dood

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    You do NOT want to use cedar bedding. The chicks will eat it and thy will get sick. I use
    Pine shavings as do most of us imsure. I use the largest flake they have and its from brooder all the way to the coop they are in now. I dont know the science behind the reason why, but they do get sick and it can hurt them

7. Cockle-Dood

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX

Aggies....

8. bnjrob

bnjrob Overrun With Chickens

Dec 31, 2008
    North TX
    The cedar oil is a respiratory irritant so you have to be careful with putting it into chicken coops or small animal cages etc.

9. bnjrob

bnjrob Overrun With Chickens

Dec 31, 2008
    North TX
    Woo Hoo! I know what a relief that is!

10. Little Wing

Little Wing Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    That sounds doable. I'll talk to DW and see if we can make. I know Elvis would love it, and that's another present for Little Dood also. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by