Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Texiken2000

Texiken2000 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2013
    They would also file a claim for loss of livestock if you have the dead carcasas

2. Zootopia

Zootopia Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2011
    Abilene, Texas
    Texiken2000, did you ever figure out what happened with your Sportsman? Those things are usually pretty steady.

3. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    Good Morning everyone! Happy Hump-Day!

4. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    Morning dood! We are expecting more rain today :/

5. TexasLisa

TexasLisa Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2012
    Rosenberg, TX
    What is 'rain'?????? [​IMG]

Lisa :)

6. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    we got some yesterday apparently. ground was wet when i got home from work...we are due for some this weekend, but we will see if it actually happens

7. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    I know. We only see drought or flood. It would be nice to see a few showers every month. Little bit goes a long way. Lol.

8. PSJ

PSJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Sabine Parish, La
    I assume they ate them. All i have is feathers all over my yard.

9. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    I had an issue with someone on my street letting a couple of pit bull pups roam the streets. Finally they did manage to get a couple of mine that got out of the fence (but were still in my yard, next to the house even). I called the police. Had the bodies there and all the evidence. Police did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Told me my chickens were illegal. They aren't. I had to quote him the city ordinance and he had the dispatcher look it up. And threatened me if I did shoot the dogs because discharging a firearm in the city is against the law. But evidently letting dangerous dogs run loose (they had been terrorizing anyone trying to walk down the street) isn't?

Rest assured, if I ever have such a problem again, it's going to be Shoot, Shovel, and Shut Up. I'll gladly pay the fine for discharging a firearm and still have my flock intact and they'll never find any bodies. Happily for the maltreated dogs, someone did catch them and take them to a rescue center out of town before I caught them in my yard again.

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  10. TexasLisa

TexasLisa Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2012
    Rosenberg, TX
    There were parts of our area that got it. We didn't. I could see the rain pouring in the distance and it was following my husband home from work. It just didn't get to our place. So frustrating...

Lisa :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by