Texas

Okay I really had to go to the feed store. Guess what they had????? Barred Rock chicks. I came home with 4. Here is my question: Stretch, my new momma, has 3 baby chicks a little over a week old. The BRs are the same age. I was thinking of moving the BRs into the pen tonight. Good or bad idea? Right now they are in the sun room with food and water and are sound asleep.

Lisa :)

Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind words. You all made me smile, well half of me smiled anyway. lol. I really appreciate it, I really do. God bless each one of my chicken-lovin' pals! Again, thank you.

Morning all. (this isn't really chicken related)
So, last Tuesday I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy. They don't know what really causes Bell's Palsy, but people who have had flu/pneumonia/under a lot of stress tend to get it more easily than those who haven't. Well, I've had the flu earlier this year, pneumonia twice and just recovered from the last bout of it two weeks ago, and now Bell's Palsy. It's where one side of the face is temporarily paralyzed due to the nerve being inflamed or restricted. The pain is so horrible and the doctors don't know when it will heal. I have to be patient. They have me on steroids, but I've already been on steroids 4 times this year from the previous ailments so I've gained so much weight from those things! Anyhow, I'm supposed to keep myself "de-stressed" as it helps the inflammation go down in the nerve receptors. But, how does that happen when you're in constant pain and can barely, eat, drink, and cannot blink? Even through it all, I have The Lord, my dear husband, my sweet daughter, my friends, and my chicken children! Going and sitting on one of the tree stumps in the run is so relaxing feeding the girls and snuggling with the few who like to snuggle. Anyhow, prayers are appreciated. Patience is a virtue!

Please get well soon. I will keep you in my thoughts

Does anyone (Central Texas area, or at least close enough that its fisable to get to) have a travel trailer they would considering renting from June- Oct? Friend's lease is up June 3, and they were told they could go month to month, till Oct when they house they are buying will be availible. That situation has changed. They have a spot on a friends place for a travel trailer, but finding one has proven really difficult. Thought I would put this out there, just in case :) Please and thank you in advance

Back
Top Bottom