Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. hotrodflash

hotrodflash Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    East Texas
    Mine growled like a dog when I reached underneath them to get the eggs. They also flatten out and kinda zone out. Take her off and watch to see how much she fusses and how quickly she goes back to the nest, if she goes almost right back to the nest, growls and flattens out she is probably broody.

1 person likes this.
  2. ShadowsFIAL

ShadowsFIAL Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx

Thanks! I think I might try and put 12-15 under her. Now I need to find yokohama, silkie, araucana, and game fowl hatching eggs =)

3. RachaelS

RachaelS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Austin, TX

4. Chucklecluck

Chucklecluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Bastrop Texas
    My Coop
    G family my prayers with you for a speedy recovery

5. Little Wing

Little Wing Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    I think 13 hatched.

I have a Lav Ameraucana hen setting on 7 eggs right now. Had a Leghorn try to go broody a few days ago . I thought they didn't do that. Seems like the hens have cut way back on laying since those two started going broody. Anyone else notice that?

Good luck with your hatch.

6. chickletteSarge

chickletteSarge Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2012
    houston, tx

none of mine are doing that at all!
    can I make one go broody? or 2?

7. hotrodflash

hotrodflash Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    East Texas
    I don't think so, someone may have some ideas to help make one go broody. I actually broke one of my bantams from being broody and am working on my sisters Brahma to break her broody as well. I do not need any more chickens at this moment.

8. LightningTFarm

LightningTFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

G - so sorry to hear about the Bell's palsy. We will be praying for you, and hope you have a speedy recovery. With all the prayers from fowl lovers here in Texas, you should be hale and hearty in no time!!

9. chickletteSarge

chickletteSarge Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2012
    houston, tx
    need to find a rent-a-broody... they used to be everywhere but ever since the economy went so did they! lol

on a better note I started up a client list for yard eggs! lol I never would have guessed that people still like fresh eggs! lol
    the feed store buys them and in turn sells them for like double!!!

10. Cockle-Dood

Cockle-Dood Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    New Waverly, TX
    Just filled the run with a teuck load of lawn clippings today! Chickens are in heaven! Cleaned and washed the brooder out today, and the babies are doing well in the coup! Im just about 110% i got a cuckoo maran roo out of the 3 "pullets" chicks i bought. Still only have 2 layers...i need the rest to start! Still waiting on OE, brahma, 2 EE's...then i have some slw's due to start by end of summer, then my BO's and Marans which are about 12 weeks or so old now.

Plus my polish hen but im not expecting her to lay anyyime soon as is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by