Texas

I really hope so. We need to get a diversity of meats here. Our goal is to become 100% self sufficient.

I hear ya there! I want hit that mark as well. Just got on that wagon end of last year so i still have a ways to go. Next weekend im fencing in about a 75'x75' piece of pasture for my chickens and garden. Coups will be around the outside and the garden in the center. Then step 1 of the process will be complete.

On a side note, all this talk about bunnies has me preppin to go beat the bush a little this evening. If all goes well ill be skinning me some wild rabbits this evening

Does anyone know where i can find a egrable timetable for us here in texas. I found a couple online but they were all for like boston and other northernareas where the growing season isnt near as long as ours. I am kinda hoping to plant something/anything over the summer to just see how the soil is. Anyideas for a late summer planting?

Does anyone know where i can find a egrable timetable for us here in texas. I found a couple online but they were all for like boston and other northernareas where the growing season isnt near as long as ours. I am kinda hoping to plant something/anything over the summer to just see how the soil is. Anyideas for a late summer planting?
Here is one I use .http://herselfshoustongarden.com/2008/03/when-to-plant-the-vegetable-plants.html It's hard to grow anything in the middle of summer here. I do most of mine in the spring, winter and fall.

Wow, 100% is pretty ambitious!

Peaking of Roos - on the meat birds area there is a thread discussing caponizing. They said to practice on larger already dead birds In any case a good discussion on it

Back
Top Bottom