Texas

Same here. Had 2 get that way that started out good and it only got worse.
He is up on craigslist. Every time I have gone outside today I have been looking around. That is really not going to work. He is out of here! Anybody hungry for free chicken?

Today sucked. I got the boots from roo, then almost stepped on a snake, then stuck my hand in fire ants getting some hay. My husband then calls me and tells me his dog is not at the shop. We look around for a few hours and he finally shows up with needles all over his face! Oh but wait there is more. I saw that my geldings man area is swollen. Gonna be an expensive vet week. Oh and just one more..... the starter in the trucks going out. Yay good times today
barnie.gif

He is up on craigslist. Every time I have gone outside today I have been looking around. That is really not going to work. He is out of here! Anybody hungry for free chicken? Today sucked. I got the boots from roo, then almost stepped on a snake, then stuck my hand in fire ants getting some hay. My husband then calls me and tells me his dog is not at the shop. We look around for a few hours and he finally shows up with needles all over his face! Oh but wait there is more. I saw that my geldings man area is swollen. Gonna be an expensive vet week. Oh and just one more..... the starter in the trucks going out. Yay good times today
barnie.gif
OMG, sorry!!

He is up on craigslist. Every time I have gone outside today I have been looking around. That is really not going to work. He is out of here! Anybody hungry for free chicken? Today sucked. I got the boots from roo, then almost stepped on a snake, then stuck my hand in fire ants getting some hay. My husband then calls me and tells me his dog is not at the shop. We look around for a few hours and he finally shows up with needles all over his face! Oh but wait there is more. I saw that my geldings man area is swollen. Gonna be an expensive vet week. Oh and just one more..... the starter in the trucks going out. Yay good times today
barnie.gif
Cheer up! You can do it!

Not fun stuff! It will get better
hugs.gif
But it sure can stink on the way to better sometimes
hmm.png

He is up on craigslist. Every time I have gone outside today I have been looking around. That is really not going to work. He is out of here! Anybody hungry for free chicken?

Today sucked. I got the boots from roo, then almost stepped on a snake, then stuck my hand in fire ants getting some hay. My husband then calls me and tells me his dog is not at the shop. We look around for a few hours and he finally shows up with needles all over his face! Oh but wait there is more. I saw that my geldings man area is swollen. Gonna be an expensive vet week. Oh and just one more..... the starter in the trucks going out. Yay good times today
barnie.gif

I saw that my geldings man area is swollen.
Can he drop his penis to pee? It could be that he needs to be cleaned out. Male horses need the "bean" cleaned from the tip of their penis. If you can reach the end of his penis gently run your finger (lube it) around the fold at the tip and clean it out.

Can he drop his penis to pee? It could be that he needs to be cleaned out. Male horses need the "bean" cleaned from the tip of their penis. If you can reach the end of his penis gently run your finger (lube it) around the fold at the tip and clean it out.
Yes, he is still able to relieve himself ok. It looks like he has a golf ball hanging down. I'm out feeding and I look over and see that my gelding has turned into a stallion ahhhhh! I have not cleaned one yet and normally have my vet do it. So although I really am not looking forward to doing this tomorrow, I am going to try and save a few dollars and buck up. At least I hope that is all that is going on. Thanks for the advise.

Yes, he is still able to relieve himself ok. It looks like he has a golf ball hanging down. I'm out feeding and I look over and see that my gelding has turned into a stallion ahhhhh! I have not cleaned one yet and normally have my vet do it. So although I really am not looking forward to doing this tomorrow, I am going to try and save a few dollars and buck up. At least I hope that is all that is going on. Thanks for the advise.
Could he of been kicked by another horse? I had a stud get kicked by a mare years ago and the vet had to stitch a towel into his belly to support his penis until the swelling went down.

Another thing when cleaning his penis do not ever use soap. Use sheath cleaner or just plain water.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom