Texas

Hey can u get closer shots of his legs? In this area I wouldn't doubt it if he was a pit cock! To get him off the circuit I'll take him my doc may want him... heck I can breed him to my brown red hen and get some nice chicks outta him! My golden duckwing wheaten crosses. Look good and light. Wonder what I'll get out of a bbr cross!
I'm not sure if I'm going to pen them up or not. I might wait and see if those two will pair up and live in the barn. The hen has been wild for 3 years, I hate to pen her. The roo seems like he has been handled.

Got cha back on the first page.
wink.png
Thanks!

I was on my usual rounds of animal care this morning and was walking up the hill and got spurred from behind. I was a bit shocked and spun around to see my polish/spitz rooster all fluffed out and going for round two. He came at me three times! I had to throw my two feed buckets I was holding at him. He was given to me and does not get along with our roos in the horse pasture so he just runs wild on our land. I have had him for maybe five months and he is about a year old I think.

What would cause him to suddenly be soooooo mean? I had just fed the brat. Will this get worse? I don't want to have to watch my back while outside.

I was on my usual rounds of animal care this morning and was walking up the hill and got spurred from behind. I was a bit shocked and spun around to see my polish/spitz rooster all fluffed out and going for round two. He came at me three times! I had to throw my two feed buckets I was holding at him. He was given to me and does not get along with our roos in the horse pasture so he just runs wild on our land. I have had him for maybe five months and he is about a year old I think.

What would cause him to suddenly be soooooo mean? I had just fed the brat. Will this get worse? I don't want to have to watch my back while outside.
At my house he would be culled. I do not have time to watch my back 24/7 when I am out there working.

Last edited:
I read something once that struck me as wise and practical advise for chicken keepers:

"The only good use for a chicken with an attitude is to provide a family dinner."

Back
Top Bottom