Texas

(snipped)
"They also cut my fence off my fence posts too and where sending their dogs over to attack my poultry. I called the Bexar County Sheriffs Office to file a complaint and he informed me he did not know if there was a leash law in Bexar County because he was not up on animal law .Turns out he is good buddies with the violent neighbors
smack.gif
. "

Melissa, that doesn't sound right...I've worked for a sheriffs office for 22 years and it sounds like you didn't talk to anyone of authority. There should have been a deputy sent to your place to at the VERY LEAST take a report for the cut fence. My guess is that you spoke to a fairly new dispatcher. Also, how did you find out the person at the SO was "good buddies" with the neighbors?

You should call the SO back and ask to speak to a sergeant and if they say no one is available, then call and leave a message for the actual elected Sheriff of your County and tell her that you have had a poor response from her employees.

Remember, the Sheriff is an ELECTED official and it is his/her duty as well as everyone of those employees to serve the citizens of Bexar County. If you STILL get a bad response, go to the media...they HATE that.

I will most certainly pray for your full recovery from your health aliments.

Last edited:
This is super cool. Thanks so much for sharing. I have never seen one before. I read up on them and it seems they can explode if not heated correctly. How long have you had yours? I need to buy a new cutting board. Do you think it would work well for that? I saw on ebay some shot glasses made of salt. The salt bowels and lamps are pretty neat too. Also came across Himalayan salt blocks for horses! Thanks again.

I can't imagine using a salt block to cook on or to cut on. It will absorb fluid and add massive amounts of salt to your food. Salt is something we need less of not more. The small amounts of other minerals in the salt are insignificant to the amount of salt added to the food.

I had lamps made out of them and although they were beautiful, they did absorb the humidity and left a lot of salt residue everywhere.

I can't imagine using a salt block to cook on or to cut on. It will absorb fluid and add massive amounts of salt to your food. Salt is something we need less of not more. The small amounts of other minerals in the salt are insignificant to the amount of salt added to the food.

I had lamps made out of them and although they were beautiful, they did absorb the humidity and left a lot of salt residue everywhere.
Yes, people need less toxic table salt, but natural salts are different and very good for you. If you are ever tired and need a pick me up take a spoon full with a glass of water. You can feel the effects in a matter of seconds.

Containing all of the 84 elements found in your body, the benefits of natural Himalayan Crystal Salt include:
  1. Regulating the water content throughout your body.
  2. Promoting a healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly your brain cells.
  3. Promoting blood sugar health and helping to reduce the signs of aging.
  4. Assisting in the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in your body.
  5. Absorption of food particles through your intestinal tract.
  6. Supporting respiratory health.
  7. Promoting sinus health.
  8. Prevention of muscle cramps.
  9. Promoting bone strength.
  10. Regulating your sleep -- it naturally promotes sleep.
  11. Supporting your libido.
  12. Promoting vascular health.
  13. In conjunction with water it is actually essential for the regulation of your blood pressure.

Can you experienced chicken keepers give me some advice/information of foxes?

My neighbor came over yesterday to warn me that a brazen fox has killed something like 22 of her chickens this year.  She has seen the fox walking down her drive in broad daylight on the day of an attack.  She doesn't have a dog.

I've seen this fox crossing my road near my house.  It's grey if that makes any difference.  So far, I haven't had any issues with predators but have just started free ranging my 8 Ameraucanas that are 4.5 months old.  I don't think the cockerels are very protective yet, but they have charged at my Scarlet macaw when she has gone to ground near them.

She will be taking one of my wheaten cockerels.  She recommended I keep at least two cockerels to help guard my flock.  I only have three pullets free ranging so think that would be problematic.  Thoughts?

I also have four Polish pullets about the same age.  Currently they are in a tractor set up but I am leaning towards keeping their top knots clipped and free ranging them.  I currently have their top knots taped up with electrical tape because they were having so much trouble seeing.  One is my avatar--you can see that she is completely blinded by her top knot and muffs/beard.  I also have a bantam Plymouth Rock pullet I'll free range.  That would bring it up to 8 pullets for 2 cockerels.

I will also have a pen of Silkies and a few frizzle Cochin bantams that I'll keep penned with roof, probably in my big parrot flights to clean dropped food that the parrots waste.  I can't imagine free ranging Silkies--I figure they would just be plucked at will by the hawks in the area.  Thoughts?

I have four mini Dachshunds who are only out when I am and a pitbull-type mutt that is outside a lot.  I think the number of dogs on my property keeps the fox next door; however, I expect she will end up getting some kind of a dog to help protect her poultry.

How do you get rid of a fox?  I don't think either of us will be using any kind of a gun.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Get a.live trap and relocate the fox if using a gun isnt an option. Will have to read up how far to move the fox...but for coons i take them atleast 5 miles away

Yes, people need less toxic table salt, but natural salts are different and very good for you. If you are ever tired and need a pick me up take a spoon full with a glass of water. You can feel the effects in a matter of seconds.

Containing all of the 84 elements found in your body, the benefits of natural Himalayan Crystal Salt include:
  1. Regulating the water content throughout your body.
  2. Promoting a healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly your brain cells.
  3. Promoting blood sugar health and helping to reduce the signs of aging.
  4. Assisting in the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in your body.
  5. Absorption of food particles through your intestinal tract.
  6. Supporting respiratory health.
  7. Promoting sinus health.
  8. Prevention of muscle cramps.
  9. Promoting bone strength.
  10. Regulating your sleep -- it naturally promotes sleep.
  11. Supporting your libido.
  12. Promoting vascular health.
  13. In conjunction with water it is actually essential for the regulation of your blood pressure.

I was wondering if you have ever used essential oils? I heard they are amazing, but know nothing about them.... Guess I have found what I need to learn about next month.

Table salt, Himalayan salt and sea salt are all the same--sodium chloride. The latter two just have more "impurities" in them. The balance of Sodium (outside cell membranes) and Potassium (inside cell membranes) is critical for cellular function. Both are electrolytes. It is a balance, and if you have an excess of Sodium, you will effectively have a shortage of Potassium. Potassium is much, much harder to find in our diet, while Sodium is everywhere in massive quantities. Unless you cook everything you eat, including baking your own bread, and don't add salt, you will likely have an excess of sodium in your body. Look at the labels of foods such as pasta sauces, bread, etc.

Table salt, Himalayan salt and sea salt are all the same--sodium chloride. The latter two just have more "impurities" in them. The balance of Sodium (outside cell membranes) and Potassium (inside cell membranes) is critical for cellular function. Both are electrolytes. It is a balance, and if you have an excess of Sodium, you will effectively have a shortage of Potassium. Potassium is much, much harder to find in our diet, while Sodium is everywhere in massive quantities. Unless you cook everything you eat, including baking your own bread, and don't add salt, you will likely have an excess of sodium in your body. Look at the labels of foods such as pasta sauces, bread, etc.

We try to stay away from anything that is prepackaged and called a "convenience" food since they have so many chemicals and artificial stuff in them!

Table salt, Himalayan salt and sea salt are all the same--sodium chloride.  The latter two just have more "impurities" in them.   The balance of Sodium (outside cell membranes) and Potassium (inside cell membranes) is critical for cellular function.  Both are electrolytes.  It is a balance, and if you have an excess of Sodium, you will effectively have a shortage of Potassium.  Potassium is much, much harder to find in our diet, while Sodium is everywhere in massive quantities.  Unless you cook everything you eat, including baking your own bread, and don't add salt, you will likely have an excess of sodium in your body.  Look at the labels of foods such as pasta sauces, bread, etc.

We try to stay away from anything that is prepackaged and called a "convenience" food since they have so many chemicals and artificial stuff in them!
Yep. Same here. It's not as handy and easy but it's not as difficult as it may seem either to avoid fast food and convenience foods.

Yep. Same here. It's not as handy and easy but it's not as difficult as it may seem either to avoid fast food and convenience foods.

My husband has an allergy to red dye so cooking what he calls "real food" is what we do. I have always tried to avoid corn syrup but it's in so many prepackaged foods! Why does something like sausage NEED corn syrup anyway?
For my family it's just easier to make everything from scratch than stand in a store reading ingredient labels!

Back
Top Bottom