Texas

Hey everyone! I haven't been on in a while!
frow.gif

Hey guys how's it going I haven't been on in a while I have been getting ready to go back to school.have been wanting to complete my culinary degree. Oh guess what? I found the chicken killing culprit a darn gray fox and the bad part it wasn't even that scared of me I was doing my best to run it off but it really wants my birds. And worst yet when I went to grab the live trap by the barn I came face to face with a diamond back, that's the second time this summer what the heck is going on out here. The 20gauge took care of the snake but I need to look up trapping and killing laws concerning foxes.

I suggest you follow the "Three S's".

Bastrop county SO once said they would charge me with animal cruelty if I shot a pit bull that was INSIDE MY COOP, THROWING CHICKENS IN THE AIR!!

I suggest you follow the "Three S's".

Bastrop county SO once said they would charge me with animal cruelty if I shot a pit bull that was INSIDE MY COOP, THROWING CHICKENS IN THE AIR!!

Seriously?! I would have told them that I have intentions of stepping inside that coop to stop the dog and if I feel personally threatened then I have every right to and WILL shoot the dog, just as those sheriff's officers have the right to shoot the dog if they feel threatened... No one in the world would convict you of animal cruelty for shooting a pit bull if you personally felt threatened by it. (And I'm not knocking the breed here. I personally really like pits.). But you have every right to protect yourself AND your property in this state!

Good Morning!!

Has anyone seen this sick sick article on the GMO chicken:

http://www.newswithviews.com/Patti/edwards102.htm

Lisa :)

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]This part chaps my hide the most. Thanks for posting Lisa. More people need to understand why organic is sooooo important. If we do not make a stand their will be no choices in the future. Just toxic fodder for big pharma to dole out their snake oils.
old.gif
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]FDA AGAINST THE CONSUMER AND THE FARM[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]I am dismayed that our FDA released "guidance" for egg and chicken farmers in July 2013 that may certainly end any large scale organic free range farms. This new law will affect any farm that has more that 3,000 egg-laying chickens. Farmers will be required to cover their outdoor pastures with roofing or netting and add walls. This new "guidance" would make it illegal to have pastured happy hens and force caring organic farmers to raise unhealthy unhappy factory farmed birds. The reasoning is that consumers must be protected from getting salmonella. The fact is salmonella is mostly passed out from factory farms. This new "guidance" is also in violation of the current law[/FONT]​

Seriously?! I would have told them that I have intentions of stepping inside that coop to stop the dog and if I feel personally threatened then I have every right to and WILL shoot the dog, just as those sheriff's officers have the right to shoot the dog if they feel threatened... No one in the world would convict you of animal cruelty for shooting a pit bull if you personally felt threatened by it. (And I'm not knocking the breed here. I personally really like pits.). But you have every right to protect yourself AND your property in this state!
This comes from TexasCHLforum.com
Re: Can you shoot a dog if attacks you or your family?

by dhm » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:54 am
How does Section 822.13 of the Health and Safety code affect the analysis, if at all? It provides:
§ 822.013. DOGS OR COYOTES THAT ATTACK ANIMALS. (a) A
dog or coyote that is attacking, is about to attack, or has recently
attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowls may be killed by:
(1) any person witnessing the attack; or
(2) the attacked animal's owner or a person acting on
behalf of the owner if the owner or person has knowledge of the
attack.
(b) A person who kills a dog or coyote as provided by this
section is not liable for damages to the owner, keeper, or person in
control of the dog or coyote.
(c) A person who discovers on the person's property a dog or
coyote known or suspected of having killed livestock, domestic
animals, or fowls may detain or impound the dog or coyote and return
it to its owner or deliver the dog or coyote to the local animal
control authority. The owner of the dog or coyote is liable for all
costs incurred in the capture and care of the dog or coyote and all
damage done by the dog or coyote.
(d) The owner, keeper, or person in control of a dog or
coyote that is known to have attacked livestock, domestic animals,
or fowls shall control the dog or coyote in a manner approved by the
local animal control authority.
(e) A person is not required to acquire a hunting license
under Section 42.002, Parks and Wildlife Code, to kill a dog or
coyote under this section.

Added by Acts 1989, 71st Leg., ch. 678, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1989.
Renumbered from Health & Safety Code § 822.033 and amended by
Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1002, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 2003.

Processed the rest of old hens and extra bantam roos this morning. My son had a buddy over from town. He had a hard time with it but didn't take the option of hiding in the house. Stayed at the butcher table long enough for a basic biology lesson. I know I take good care of my chickens but dang they are healthy!!! My son says its too ironic to call a dead hen healthy LOL.
When I met Zootopia in Abilene she showed me a SBEL egg. I took it. It bounced around in the truck cup holder and got very hot while we were in stores on the way home. I started some eggs for DS that night and he said put that blue egg in there. It HATCHED yesterday. Hope its a hen!!!!

Last edited:
If anyone near me needs them, I have 2 really nice blue ameraucauna roos. If no one wants them we will eat them!! I am about and hour from San Angelo and 2 hrs from Midland.

Back
Top Bottom