Texas

Back again folks!!my coop is coming along and I hope to post pics soon! I'm so happy to be finally over my sinus infection. In the mean time however id like to ask the locals here in San Antonio that know of any Silky chicken breeders?

Melissa Rose has some I think. I know she has polish. I think I remember silkies. Look on CL for Handaurus micro piglets. He's in Seguin and has silkies.

I thought people took the crates apart when they made their coops.  That is what I plan to do at least.

Boy did I have a day today.  I got up and started cleaning the house, then went for a 32 mile bike ride (it was windy!) which is actually a short ride for me, then I when I got back I mowed the lawn (1/4 acre), edged and trimmed and cleaned up, planted a rose bush and some herbs.  When I was done with all that I finished cleaning the house.  I'm finishing up the laundry now and watching an old movie.

Wow! 32 miles is a short ride? Awesome!

I just received a notification that the BYC calenders are ready I thought all of us were supposed to vote on the entries? I never saw anything about that, did I just somehow miss it? :idunno :th

Tended the birdies this morning a little late. Had a few early eggs to go in my jacket pocket. Circled around to start picking the last of the 'maters and felt that familiar yet dreaded CRUNCH. Those lovely thick yellowy gold well formed yolks are fantastic for eating but are really nasty covering your phone and chapstick!!!!!

Tended the birdies this morning a little late. Had a few early eggs to go in my jacket pocket. Circled around to start picking the last of the 'maters and felt that familiar yet dreaded CRUNCH. Those lovely thick yellowy gold well formed yolks are fantastic for eating but are really nasty covering your phone and chapstick!!!!!
...anyone know when Spaghetti Squash is ready to be picked???

Last edited:
When it is firm and yellow sounds good to me too. I haven't tried growing spaghetti squash yet. We struggle with zucchini & yellow crookneck squash, but often get root borers or stem borers, or something that stunts their growth.

Back
Top Bottom