Texas

Praying for you Bearing1! Hang in there!
fl.gif

Quote:

Bearing1,
So glad that your home is safe at this time. I know how quick those winds change and go from bad to good, or the other way! We began evacuation Monday evening due to the Pedernales/Spicewood fire, but in 2 hours, the winds changed and we got to stay. Crossing our fingers that your home stays in the clear!

Gayle

Sorry guys, can't advertise other groups on BYC.

Rules:
10. Do not promote other websites that are "similar" to BackYardChickens, especially similar forums. Sometimes it may be appropriate to link to another site that has specific information relative to a question, but moderators have to right to remove links and posts at their discretion.​

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Riley Road/Tri-County Wildfire is now 85 percent contained."

I heard on the radio this morning that they are trying for 100% today ..
woot.gif

Now comes the regrouping, rebuilding, restructuring .....

It's going to be a tough holiday for some folks, but we can all be thankful that there was no loss of human life ...

Sorry to all those affected by the fires, I hope everyone is safe.

That being said I want to ask a questions of my texas peeps.
Does anyone know where I can buy chicks locally this time of year? I live in San Antonio, Tx and wanted to start my flock now as I plan on becoming pregnant soon and want to settle into the chicken routine before I add a second child. Also is it too late to get them and leave them outside or garage? I want to build coop soon and don't want them in the house. I think I have a reptile heat lamp I can use if needed.

Oh yeah and I want to find buff orpingtons, barred rocks black astrolops and maybe a silkie or red sexlink. Deffinatly the buff orpington the rest I 'm willing to compromise on breed as long as their friendly and quite.
fl.gif

Quote:

Hmm. It's not a website at all, it's a mailing list type thing. Anyway, at your discretion you decided it was against the rules. Ok, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom