Texas

Thank you for addtl info. I do not like killing. So b4 I start smashing them, I would like to know if they are harmful to chickens, gardens or fruit trees.

hu.gif
I think you can smash away! By the way (this is gross) we found one of these beetles eating a lizard! I don't know if it killed it or found it dead but he was definitely eating it!!! Yuck!
sickbyc.gif

1. Anyone use mulch in their run?
2. Have new babies coming but old hens have a intermittent sneeze, should I be concerned?

Hmmm. No "How to upload a video" in the top 20 BYC search function. Anyone active know how? Please post. I tried 3 times. Gotta move on for now.

hu.gif
I've read that you have to put them on You tube first.

Last light frost zapped my celebrities...hoping I did not waste $8. Forgot to bring them in.

he.gif

ooo nooo

Welcome to you all I just started about a week ago. Love reading the posts
welcome-byc.gif

Hello felow Texans from HENDERSON.....
Just joined yesterday after lurking around for awhile. I'm born and raised TX but mostly South TX.
Currently in Henderson which is in the area of Longvuew, Tyler, Arp, Kilgore, Jacksonville.
No chickens yet but am hoping in about 12 days.
Am thinking of repurposing 2 old walk in dog kennels (each 10' long x 5' wide x 6' high) for when they can be moved out.
Recently bought "Raising Chickens for Dummies" and "Chicken Health for Dummies".
Between the books and looking around the BYC site I've already learned a lot and looking forward to much more.
We went and bought a heat lamp a few days ago.
I have a large 55 gallon rubber maid tote that I had planned on using when I bring them home.
Each day gets more exciting than the last .... Like waiting for Christmas!!!!!
My husband and mom think I've lost my mind. Maybe I have BUT I'm loving it
tongue.png

Great to be here !!!!!
welcome-byc.gif
I remember the excitement waiting on our first chickens.

And for the gallery...look what I stumbled across yesterday...

It is BEAUTIFUL in person
smile.png
)

WOW, where is this?

Back
Top Bottom