Texas

:-( those aren't good odds....  

No they aren't :/. My ducks eggs are just too strong. They die before even externally pipping. Last one didn't absorb the yolk and was 3 days late. There is 1 with something out from its navel, 1 perfectly fine, n then another one that is trying, but I have a feeling it's too late for that one too.

Hi Tricia,
It's good that your birds caught the snake, even just a grass snake. Mine wasn't that lucky. Last week I moved a mother hen with 12 one mo. babies into a large pen near the edge of the yard. Last Sat, I found only 2 babies left with the mom. Not sure if the rats or a snake got in yet. All I could do was moving them back to the barn, maybe for another month. Hic !

I knew where Sachse is as I came to Garland all the time. The first time I saw Sachse on someone else writing, I thought this was a Viet joke as "Sach Se" means "Cleanliness" in Vietnamese. That's until I found this little town a bit above Dallas. I hope your town and especially your yard ... is always .. Clean .. no rats, no snake.

Good day ... enjoy the rain

Hi Tricia,
It's good that your birds caught the snake, even just a grass snake. Mine wasn't that lucky. Last week I moved a mother hen with 12 one mo. babies into a large pen near the edge of the yard. Last Sat, I found only 2 babies left with the mom. Not sure if the rats or a snake got in yet. All I could do was moving them back to the barn, maybe for another month. Hic !

I knew where Sachse is as I came to Garland all the time. The first time I saw Sachse on someone else writing, I thought this was a Viet joke as "Sach Se" means "Cleanliness" in Vietnamese. That's until I found this little town a bit above Dallas. I hope your town and especially your yard ... is always .. Clean .. no rats, no snake.

Good day ... enjoy the rain
Hi but my chickens aren't out of the brooder yet, the other person's chickens chased the snake. Yes, we are very close to Garland! I also hope our yard stays snake and rat free, we are working on it.
Sorry you lost so many chicks! I do not look forward to the day one of our goes missing or turns up dead, it's a sad part of having chickens.

Hi!

I live in North Richland Hills and I am new to chickens but have been researching them for a couple years. and have always wanted to do this. My 1st 4 babies shipped today and should be here soon
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
I'm so excited and nervous at the same time because I hope they are healthy and active and we don't loose any since we only have 4. So, fingers crossed...

Back
Top Bottom