Texas

Here are some pullet eggs from my blue copper marans from a good breeder who selects for darkest egg color. Not bragging, just showing to show the difference. You really have to select for dark egg color in the "chocolate" egg layers to get them...

(They do lighten up as the pullets/hens get older.)

- Ant Farm

Last edited:
From where did you get it? That's about what I'd expect from a hatchery Marans.

I got my Wels from Ideal.
They are very pretty and I like them just for some reason I thought the eggs would be darker.
They are still perfect to me!

hahah I misread and thought you were asking me where I got mine from. sorry.

I got my Wels from Ideal.
They are very pretty and I like them just for some reason I thought the eggs would be darker.
They are still perfect to me!

Here are some pullet eggs from my blue copper marans from a good breeder who selects for darkest egg color. Not bragging, just showing to show the difference. You really have to select for dark egg color in the "chocolate" egg layers to get them...

(They do lighten up as the pullets/hens get older.)

- Ant Farm
Those are pretty! I guess if I really want darker ones I need to find a breeder. Not that it really matters, I was just hoping for darker for more variation in our egg basket.

Quote:
Yeah, I really wanted the dark eggs, so I spent a couple years doing my homework before picking Eight Acres (she's on BYC as well). She has such great birds...

- Ant Farm

Edit to add website just in case anyone was interested: http://eightacresfarm.weebly.com
(I have no relationship/conflict of interest - just a customer)

Last edited:
Yeah, I really wanted the dark eggs, so I spent a couple years doing my homework before picking Eight Acres (she's on BYC as well). She has such great birds...

- Ant Farm

Edit to add website just in case anyone was interested: http://eightacresfarm.weebly.com
(I have no relationship/conflict of interest - just a customer)
can she ship chicks?

Back
Top Bottom