Texas

Hello!!!

I'm new to the Cedar Creek just outside of Austin... Well I'm new to Texas to be exact... I come from all over the place. I grew up on Long Island NY until I was 20 and moved with my family to Utah for 10 years and just this past September I moved in with my long distance boyfriend here in Cedar Creek =)... We are expecting our first little one in July of this year!!!! This has been one exciting experience for the both of us!! I raised chickens both in NY and in Utah and I loved it!!! I even got to raise ducks and 3 turkeys!! Any who... We live on 4 acres of land with a creek fed pond that I dream of turning into a small homestead... I want to start with a garden and some chickens and possibly in the future add some ducks... They are just so cute when they are little =D... I don't know very many people out here and haven't really had a chance to get to know any one really since I started working as soon as I moved here luckily but that leaves me with little time to socialize and I'm not one to hang out at a bar or club haha... I also enjoy crafting mainly yarn work such as crochet and knitting so if anyone in my area is looking to increase their circle of friends I'd love to get to meet new people =)... I don't quite have my chicken home ready but I loved this site when I was doing back yard chickens in Utah to I thought I'd come back now that I"m in Texas!! Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!!!

Ren2014, same thing happened to my neighbor but 11 out of 15 were roosters. They were new to chickens (hubby actually surprised her) but I have clued them in on my chicken guy at the feed store.

I know your pain. I got 4 chicks and 3 of the 4 are roosters. I don't need that many either and have put a ad in Conroe bookoo so hope someone needs a young barred rock rooster

Welcome all!
Just brought home six new peepers to add to the flock. Barndevelder, Welsumer, GLW, Dark Brahma, Light Brahma and Jersey Giant. If anyone is in the Houston area Livengood Feed in Tomball has started getting their chicks in. More of an assortment of breeds are ordered (from Ideal) there and Pullets only.

Hello!!!

I'm new to the Cedar Creek just outside of Austin... Well I'm new to Texas to be exact... I come from all over the place. I grew up on Long Island NY until I was 20 and moved with my family to Utah for 10 years and just this past September I moved in with my long distance boyfriend here in Cedar Creek =)... We are expecting our first little one in July of this year!!!! This has been one exciting experience for the both of us!! I raised chickens both in NY and in Utah and I loved it!!! I even got to raise ducks and 3 turkeys!! Any who... We live on 4 acres of land with a creek fed pond that I dream of turning into a small homestead... I want to start with a garden and some chickens and possibly in the future add some ducks... They are just so cute when they are little =D... I don't know very many people out here and haven't really had a chance to get to know any one really since I started working as soon as I moved here luckily but that leaves me with little time to socialize and I'm not one to hang out at a bar or club haha... I also enjoy crafting mainly yarn work such as crochet and knitting so if anyone in my area is looking to increase their circle of friends I'd love to get to meet new people =)... I don't quite have my chicken home ready but I loved this site when I was doing back yard chickens in Utah to I thought I'd come back now that I"m in Texas!! Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!!!
frow.gif
Howdy from Rosenberg! You sound like you are a busy one and soon to be busier (with the baby). Come back and visit with us again.

Hello!!!

welcome-byc.gif
and welcome to Texas. I'm just East of you in Red Rock. I'm very familiar with Cedar Creek. We have chickens, Muscovy and ducks. The Muscovies are my favorite. Message me here anytime
frow.gif

Ren2014, same thing happened to my neighbor but 11 out of 15 were roosters. They were new to chickens (hubby actually surprised her) but I have clued them in on my chicken guy at the feed store.
Yikes, thank goodness for your chicken guy
smile.png
I wish I could learn how to vent sex.

Welcome all!
Just brought home six new peepers to add to the flock. Barndevelder, Welsumer, GLW, Dark Brahma, Light Brahma and Jersey Giant. If anyone is in the Houston area Livengood Feed in Tomball has started getting their chicks in. More of an assortment of breeds are ordered (from Ideal) there and Pullets only.
Congrats! Note to self... stay away from Livengood's lol.

Hello!!!

welcome-byc.gif

- Ant Farm

Talking about chickens, and spring, and hatching -- we are always talking about those things arent we? - Is there anyone who has excess capacity to incubate a couple of dozen eggs?

My two incubators are little (7 eggs) and full -- and I am working on a project where only 1/8 of the hatchlings will be keepers. If someone around me (driving distance to Woodivlle, TX) has the ability to hatch some eggs - I would like to work out a 'deal' with you regarding a high volume hatch. Please PM me if you do. Thanks.

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom