Texas

HOWDY YALL! I just wanted to tell y'all that there is a poultry show coming up on this Saturday, the 11th of march. It's located at the Dripping Springs ranch park. There should be up to 600-800 birds.
The Fancy Feathers 4-H club is putting it on
People in Austin, Dripping Springs, Wimberly, Driftwood etc-(or anyone else) please come!
I'll try to get the flyer...
There is showmanship, show birds, serama tabletop, cluck off, match-the-judge, chicken poop bingo and more!

Awesome thanks for the info!

Oh okay
1f60a.png

I am. Since I just moved to Texas, I only have a few birds. I am entering my two Millie Fleur d'Uccles. One is for showmanship and the other is for show
Do show any of your birds?

No I actually do not show any.
It only seems that meat birds are shown in my city/area.
I haven't found/come across any other type chicken show yet.

Klein ISD alumni 4H is usually close to Houston. - Check out Poultry Show Central...
http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Texas.html
Klein show is in December usually. --> December 2nd this year.

It's tough because entries are usually due a month in advance so you need to plan.

Egg shows seem to be at all the Poultry shows, and you can bring eggs on the day of without pre-entering. The shows are great fun. I got a couple of ribbons at the very first Klein show. One for my chicken's egg, and I think the prize was a bag of mealworms.

Oh, Dripping springs is really great too --and the one Brazos Valley Poultry Club - blue bonnet classic is a good show...it's in College Station I think. They are all non-meat bird shows. The fairs and 4H events have meaties exclusively though, it seems. Except for the fancy feathers 4H - and those kids REALLY do a good job with their show - and they help at all the other shows.

There is a show in the Fall at the Harris County Fairgrounds. There is supposed to be contact info listed at Poultry Show Central.

There is a show in the Fall at the Harris County Fairgrounds. There is supposed to be contact info listed at Poultry Show Central.
I thought I read that it's only meat birds though.
I'll double check.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom