Texas

My husband graduated from MVHS '91! We have a handful of friends there. My grandparents & great grands are from Saltillo, and I would always drive my grandma to shop at the MV Brookshire's. Lol! Small world, huh? Thanks for saying Hi!
You make me feel old. I graduated High School in 1991. :)

I think I'm going to start with Marans and Ameraucana for a colorful egg basket formulation
wink.png
Dark Brown and sky blue make a nice contrast. I use my EE's for eating eggs, and my Blue Americanas I have been using for hatching or making more OE's.

I thought I would share this for the people selling thsee pups.

Man that is tempting. But, I like staying married. We're going on 18 years. My wife like cats and not dogs. She agreed to my GSD now that I am medically retired from my LEO career. I met up with some folks I used to work with for lunch. They asked me if I missed it. I said 'no'. Not even a little bit? I said, 'No.' I get to raise my kids in the fun age, where I can teach them how to shoot. Long story short, the only reason I was allowed my GSD is that I am retired. Grand Pyranees are awesome dogs. I am considering another dog, that my wife agreed to which is a rat terrier. If anyone has a info on one of those. She agreed to that to keep the rat and mice population down. Our orange tabby has gotten lazy on that. We feed our birds once a day and with hanging feeders to keep it down. I want to take it to the next level and move birds into an empty coop for the evening and let the little guy go to town.

Man that is tempting. But, I like staying married. We're going on 18 years. My wife like cats and not dogs. She agreed to my GSD now that I am medically retired from my LEO career. I met up with some folks I used to work with for lunch. They asked me if I missed it. I said 'no'. Not even a little bit? I said, 'No.' I get to raise my kids in the fun age, where I can teach them how to shoot. Long story short, the only reason I was allowed my GSD is that I am retired. Grand Pyranees are awesome dogs. I am considering another dog, that my wife agreed to which is a rat terrier. If anyone has a info on one of those. She agreed to that to keep the rat and mice population down. Our orange tabby has gotten lazy on that. We feed our birds once a day and with hanging feeders to keep it down. I want to take it to the next level and move birds into an empty coop for the evening and let the little guy go to town.
I've had a lot of mouse activity lately. In the feed shed - I've caught a couple and picked up something a mouse was on and flung out the door etc. Was mowing and picked up one of those rain diverter things for your downspout and a mouse underneath. Seems like here -- all a mouse needs/wants is a "roof" and it will make a happy home/nest.

Have you tried one of those 5-gallon bucket traps with the soda can and the peanutbutter? Has anyone? would you recommend.
Oh yeah, and I saw a snake yesterday. - maybe just an Eastern Coachwhip -- fast as you can imagine and long -- but mice = snakes and they are unwelcome here..(although it should be the opposite -- c'mon snakes eat all the mice you would like!)

I've had a lot of mouse activity lately. In the feed shed - I've caught a couple and picked up something a mouse was on and flung out the door etc. Was mowing and picked up one of those rain diverter things for your downspout and a mouse underneath. Seems like here -- all a mouse needs/wants is a "roof" and it will make a happy home/nest.

Have you tried one of those 5-gallon bucket traps with the soda can and the peanutbutter? Has anyone? would you recommend.
Oh yeah, and I saw a snake yesterday. - maybe just an Eastern Coachwhip -- fast as you can imagine and long -- but mice = snakes and they are unwelcome here..(although it should be the opposite -- c'mon snakes eat all the mice you would like!)
We tried a lot of things. The trouble is they learn from their mistakes, and one thing works for awhile, and then something else. At the moment it is once a day feeding, to keep a food source being an attractor. Rat snakes will not only eat mice and rats, but your eggs too. They also get so engorged they can't get out. A Rat Terrier, on the other hand, was bred for nothing else, and instinctively eat them. I like to use as many natural methods as possible. I do, however, start my chicks on medicated starter feed to keep coci from developing once they are integrated.

Back
Top Bottom