Texas

Quote:
Hey, you're the same age as her husband!

I graduated from Odessa Permian in 1987.

I'm not old. I'm wise.
cool.png

Wow... if you feel old as a '91' HS grad, then I'm in league with Methuselah... I graduated HS in '75'...
Guess I'm Methuselah's Little Sis - 1977 grad here.

Quote:
lau.gif

Quote: Guess you are Methuselah's and my Big Sis!

But, seriously, how can we be "old" when we're in our second childhood? Doesn't that make us twice as young?

Hey, you're the same age as her husband!

cool.png

Guess I'm Methuselah's Little Sis - 1977 grad here.

lau.gif

Guess you are Methuselah's and my Big Sis!

But, seriously, how can we be "old" when we're in our second childhood? Doesn't that make us twice as young?
Being disabled makes me feel like I am 11 years old than I am. My walker is my chair and my other four legs to get around these days.

Hey everyone!
I have a question for those of you familiar with roosters. One of my BA hatchlings is looking a bit roo-ish with a more red comb than the others. My daughter also brought home bantams and one that looks to be a blue old English has a larger, more red comb compared to the others. They australorps are about 4 1/2wks and the bantams are between 4-6 weeks.
Can these guys co exist or should I divide the flock? Culling and re homing are not options (kids). Also, if my bantam were to fertilize one of my larger hens, what type of layer would that produce as far as egg size?
Any help will be appreciated!

Hey everyone!
I have a question for those of you familiar with roosters. One of my BA hatchlings is looking a bit roo-ish with a more red comb than the others. My daughter also brought home bantams and one that looks to be a blue old English has a larger, more red comb compared to the others. They australorps are about 4 1/2wks and the bantams are between 4-6 weeks.
Can these guys co exist or should I divide the flock? Culling and re homing are not options (kids). Also, if my bantam were to fertilize one of my larger hens, what type of layer would that produce as far as egg size?
Any help will be appreciated!
If you have enough juvenile birds to put into a flock, the chance of them being beat up a lot are low. One or two, that will probably be more likely. A banny egg is about 3 times smaller than your average chicken egg. It takes awhile for a flock to reorder its pecking order, but it happens eventually. The only danger are roosters that are raised together than separated and re-united. They will fight to the death. And it is brutal one, usually being pecked to death, usually starting with the eyes. I butcher excess or mean roosters that are too many for the flock of hens.

If you have enough juvenile birds to put into a flock, the chance of them being beat up a lot are low. One or two, that will probably be more likely. A banny egg is about 3 times smaller than your average chicken egg. It takes awhile for a flock to reorder its pecking order, but it happens eventually. The only danger are roosters that are raised together than separated and re-united. They will fight to the death. And it is brutal one, usually being pecked to death, usually starting with the eyes. I butcher excess or mean roosters that are too many for the flock of hens.

Would 5 bantams including the rooster be enough to be a flock? I'd really rather raise them all together but I'm afraid the standard size roo would hurt my bantam girls when attempting to mate. I just want them all safe and happy! I'll keep them together for the time being and keep a close eye out as they mature. I'm getting limited on space with chicken math and all

Back
Top Bottom