Texas

Good morning Texas Lisa!!
Just curious if you had ever used tamarafarm for eggs or chicks?
I saw she had a Craigslist add for some unique breeds, not that I need more chickens, but I just like to look!!

Good morning Texas Lisa!!
Just curious if you had ever used tamarafarm for eggs or chicks?
I saw she had a Craigslist add for some unique breeds, not that I need more chickens, but I just like to look!!

What breeds are you looking for.

I'm looking into getting these Specific Breeds, I'm located in Canyon Lake, TX, Startzville Area. Right now I'm just Checking Prices, so If you have any of these Breeds, Quote Me and reply what breeds you have and what prices you sell the eggs, chicks, pullets/cockerels, and hens/roosters at. Thanks for reading.

Here are the breeds I want/thinking about getting.

Buff Orpingtons.
Salmon Faverolles.
Turkens.
Silkies.
EEs.
OEs.
Cochin.
Polish.
Phoenix.
Japanese Bantams.
Ameraucanas.
Araucanas.
Phoenix Bantams.
Sebrights Bantams.
Serama Bantams.
Guineas.
Ayam Cemani.
Frizzles of any Breed.

Last edited:
I'm looking into getting these Specific Breeds, I'm located in Canyon Lake, TX, Startzville Area. Right now I'm just Checking Prices, so If you have any of these Breeds, Quote Me and reply what breeds you have and what prices you sell the eggs, chicks, pullets/cockerels, and hens/roosters at. Thanks for reading.

Buff Orpingtons.
Salmon Faverolles.
Turkens.
Silkies.
EEs.
OEs.
Cochin.
Polish.
Phoenix.
Japanese Bantams.
Ameraucanas.
Araucanas.
Phoenix Bantams.
Sebrights Bantams.
Serama Bantams.
Guineas.
Ayam Cemani.
Frizzles of any Breed.

Out of your list I have all those I have Blue Americanas, though I believe one of the hens or roosters carry a Splash Gene. At the moment I have those and French Black Copper Marans, Olive Eggers, and Coronation Sussex.

Buff Orpingtons.

Salmon Faverolles.

Turkens.

Silkies.

EEs.

OEs.

Cochin.

Polish.

Phoenix.

Japanese Bantams.

Ameraucanas.

Araucanas.

Phoenix Bantams.

Sebrights Bantams.

Serama Bantams.

Guineas.

Ayam Cemani.

Frizzles of any Breed.

Out of your list I have all those I have Blue Americanas, though I believe one of the hens or roosters carry a Splash Gene.  At the moment I have those and French Black Copper Marans, Olive Eggers, and Coronation Sussex.

How much do you sell the Eggs, Chicks, Pullets/Cockerels, and Hens/Roosters at?

Hi everyone! We are in the process of building our coop and run and have a question from our fellow Texans. We live on an acre that isn't fenced so we have to keep the girls in a run. We literally have maybe 2 trees in the entire property and no shade. I plan to plant more trees this fall but for now I'm stuck. Soo the question is....is it better for the run to be on the north side of the coop (colder in the winter) or on the south end of the coop (protected from the winter yuck). We are new to North Texas so any help is much appreciated!

Hi everyone! We are in the process of building our coop and run and have a question from our fellow Texans. We live on an acre that isn't fenced so we have to keep the girls in a run. We literally have maybe 2 trees in the entire property and no shade. I plan to plant more trees this fall but for now I'm stuck. Soo the question is....is it better for the run to be on the north side of the coop (colder in the winter) or on the south end of the coop (protected from the winter yuck). We are new to North Texas so any help is much appreciated!
Because of the north winds and chill I would suggest put my your run on the south side of the coop. We have two runs, both on the south with one extending to the west plus a separate coop and run for our Bantams also on the south side of our main coop/barn. We are in West Central Texas just north of Coleman Texas and get some really strong, nasty, icy cold winds here. Our flock of chickens, ducks and geese all do just fine even in the coldest part of winter with this set up. Also, as for trees, put them in the run inself on the south side of the coop so they can provide shade and shelter for your birds.

Consider covering part of your run with a with a tarp or something that provides deep shade IMO. You will want to have it braced from beneath of course so it won't get weighted down and sag from rain/snow.

Sun and heat have harmed the chickens more than cold for me (but I'm in the south)--- don't wait for the time it will take your trees to grow to provide them with some shade. (Even get an old table at a flea market if nothing else, or something that you can put into their run so they can be out of sun. )

Happy building!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom