Texas

Looking for fertile hatching eggs, just had hen go broody and would like to see if she would hatch a few chicks.. in the city limits therefore no one I know has roosters with their flock.. would be looking for specific breeds although just a few eggs in mind.. curious if anyone has a resource?
Thanks a bunch!

Looking for fertile hatching eggs, just had hen go broody and would like to see if she would hatch a few chicks.. in the city limits therefore no one I know has roosters with their flock.. would be looking for specific breeds although just a few eggs in mind.. curious if anyone has a resource?
Thanks a bunch!
Where are you?

I have a neighbor that has some beautiful Road Island Reds. I'm near Decatur but have a Aunt in Irving that I go to check on frequently. Would you like for me to check & see if I can get some RIR eggs for you. I doubt he'd charge much. We could do a meet up around Irving. Just let me know.

I only recently learned how difficult it can be to hatch out ducklings (watching the "I don't know what I'm doing" thread with Steven. I'm just thinking whatever I buy, I'd like it to be universal in case I decide to try ducklings in the future. Thanks for the advise. It can be overwhelming when looking at all the choices.

Yes, it can be. I looked around for awhile before making the choices I did. Ultimately, you need to work with what you are comfortable with, and fits your needs.

Hey yall!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm fairly new to the site and was recommended to check out this page. I'm from the San Antonio/Pipe Creek area. I'm loving this chicken community and even more specific Texas community. Looking forward to meeting more of yall!

My boyfriend and I raise silkies, silkie crosses, buff, white, and black cochins, and buff orpingtons.

Here's some of the gang from January. :)
20170128_155422.jpg

-Norchel

Hi @nosh88, nice to meet you. I live near DFW. Cute gang! I only recently got back into raising chickens. Until recently, I've only raised Barred Rocks, except when I was a child, I think we always had white leghorns. After joining BYC and reading all the articles & post, I think I need a more diverse flock. I think silkies are so cute! Right now I have Black Australorps & Glolden Sexlinks. I definitely want to get barred rocks again. Gotta build another coop!

Back
Top Bottom