Texas

What kind of GSDs? I have 2 Dark Sable and one Solid Black. I LOVE them! This is my boy!
i'm going to have to learn how to post pics. your dog is beautiful. our sam black w/ a little light wheat on his belly, he's a great specimen of gsd. he's on the big side, so i hope that doesn't play against him when he gets older. he's two now & weighs a little over 100#. we got a companion female, she's one now. their birthdays are a few days apart. she's not such a great specimen. the breeder really took us to the cleaners. but she serves her purpose in giving him companionship and she's a sweet dog. she killed 10 of my chickens about a month ago. needless to say, i wasn't too happy about that.
i'm thinking seriously about getting a couple of goats. i think she will be good for keeping tabs on them. she just needs some maturity.

[COLOR=B22222]Shannon,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=B22222]Its okay really... Rhome is just outside of Fort Worth about 30 minutes North on 287.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=B22222] I know what you mean about the chicken addiction.  I have a pen of silkies, pure bred Buffs, Pure Lavenders, Australorps, and I have a pen of EE's, wheat colored and white ones. I am on a search for some Olive Eggers. i have a lady who can send me some eggs from AZ I think she is.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=B22222]I have chicks hatching as we speak was thinking they were not going to hatch but I was off a day and so relieved was really starting to think it was mean. The first hatch did not go so well.   I am hoping they are all hatched tomorrow.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=B22222] Sounds like you are just like me, always looking for something new to add to the flock. Really been looking at the Lemons they are really pretty, would like to get some black orpington's so I can use them to carry on my lavenders. I am down to 2 hens and 2 roosters, so took 1 rooster out And I might switch the 2 tomorrow not sure or the next day.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=B22222]  I have 2 more roosters to find homes for and I am thinking they are a mixed breed but they are really pretty i think anyway. If we cannot find a home for then I will practice my culling on them before we start doing out Meat Chickens.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=B22222]I have no idea where a chickens addiction class is in Texas. Maybe we should start one LOL[/COLOR]

[COLOR=B22222]Let me know how your new chickens are doing.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=B22222]Deana[/COLOR]

Chiken addicts class is something I need,

I will give you my exact address but good luck stealing him
lau.gif
We have his daughter who look EXACTLY like him, she is only 7 months old and is as tall as her mom, but much more stout. They are all DDR lines, so big bonded and a strong prey drive, which has it's pluses and minuses. The daughter is good with the chickens, but then again she was raised with them on the property. As for mom and dad, they never meet chickens until the were both a couple of years old and chickens to them are prey. So when I let the chickens out to free range, I lock up mom and dad in kennels. They have a 5 foot pen that they normally stay in, but I know they can jump it so it is not worth the risk.

Ohh, I would NOT walk into a yard with THREE DDR line GSD's. Not in my wildest dreams. Chance was out of a German working line and an American pet line. He was just a dog of dogs, but he was mine. The last of my family's working dogs are with my Aunt in Sommerville, you may know her lines. Not sure. He definitely showed the sieger side, and was ALWAYS on the move. His 'job' was me. He was everywhere I was, no matter what I was doing. When I wasn't around he protected the lot.

anyone near Dallas, Rockwall, or Plano/Murphy? Im in Wylie and am bored outta my nut. ;)

I have a little 2 acre mini farm (does having 1 dog, 30+ chickens and a vegie garden count as a mini farm?)

Anyone near me?
I'm just down the road outside of Terrell.

I used to live in Wylie several years ago. I really enjoyed living there, hope you do too. I'm in Victoria, TX now which is down near the coast. A real adjustment for me and my chickens.

Pamela

bj taylor, we kind of got the one over with my girl also, so I feel your pain. Our breeder was reputable once (when we got our boy), but went down the wrong road and made it more about money than the breed by the time we got our girl. O’well the important thing is how much you love your dog
love.gif
!

Orumpoultry, funny!!! Yep, they have to have a job at all times. What line does your Aunt have? My boy learned how to “throw” rocks for himself. It is hard to describe but he “pops” them with his font paws and they go FLYING and he cases them down.

On a side note about chickens LOL
big_smile.png
, I just set 20 Barnevelder eggs on Saturday. I also have a few pure Barnie chicks for sale that need homes if anyone near to the Austin area is interested. I also have Barnevelder X Barred Plymouth Rocks. These are a project bird and I don’t need the girls and 2 of the boy. However, they are very pretty so I would love for the person that gets them to keep me updated on what they look like at maturity.

Back
Top Bottom