Texas

your local agricultural extension co-op (in Texas they call them Agrilife extension offices)

just do a search with your county name and "AgriLife Extension"

so since I am in Lampasas county.. I would google
"Lampasas county AgriLife Extension"

For San Antonio.. you would be in Bexar county... here;s their contact info: http://bexar-tx.tamu.edu/contact-us/

you can actually find a lot of info on things in your area...
for instance ...they are offering a beekeeping program on the 18th... http://today.agrilife.org/2012/04/23/bexar-beekeeping/
Thanks for info!!I sent a email so hopefully I get a reply soon

New Texas member here. I live north of Beaumont in a little town called Kountze. I am wanting to get some white silkies when my brooder is free. Right now my neighbors free range white sultan is sitting on some of her eggs and some white leghorns in it. I can't evict her so I am trying to patiently wait for them to hatch then I can get my new chicks.

Thanks for welcome and luck. I am still waiting for the hatch. These are not mine, it is a neighbors free range sultan that took a liking to my brooder pen. I am so envious that you are getting yours soon. I can't wait to get mine but have nowhere to put them until the hen is finished with my brooder. I think I just want to try silkies. I am thinking maybe a flock of 10-12 is all my husband will let me have right now. Maybe, I can convince him on some more later.

Last edited:
Lol we started with 8 my mastiff played with one and well I think he skeerd her to death! And now we are getting 16 more! So we will have 22 lil chicks! Only 2 silkies tho.... we ordered 8 pairs a pair for each of my daughters and 2 pairs each for my wife and I. If we happen to get a breeding pair of silkies ill let you know so that we can share the wealth!

Last edited:
No still in Ireland,the maran eggs do very well in shows here the birds dont show great.Do you show your birds and if so what are the best birds to show in the states.

chicklette, Is that your pic of the Barnies? I have some also! At the moment I have 4 adults, 9 chicks and 20 eggs in the incubator of just Barnevelders.

David Ireland, sorry I don't show so I can't help you. I bet others can.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom