Texas

So really my questions are just not knowing. What to do, when to do, etc. I did go check out the meat bird forum and found the thread with the step by step pictures. Thats what i was wanting with someone nearby. Just a good walk through. And maybe the tips that come along with experience (like good cut resistant gloves).
God yes gloves. I've been using the cheapie ones from HD/Lowes and my hands are all inflamed and joints hurt from prickly pear impalement. Ordered these for store delivery. Hope they get here fasterly and work!

Attachments

• glove.jpg
    glove.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 3
Its official. I will be moving the two assistant Silkie broodies out of Brooziliia's broody box tomorrow. Also the 1+week Sumatra chicks, and the three other unbreakable broody silkies currently in jail out to the bachelor pad tomorrow mid morning. It is going to be an experiment in who wants to be a mom today! I'm not doing ventilation just a simple 1x4 welded wire barrier(more ventilation) to the run area which is bigger than my Silkie run in square footage to ensure the safety of the chicks. The forecast says it is the right time now for just a simple huddle box with the added advantage of fewer observable broody poop piles on the porch/drive.
highs.jpg

Looks like most of us coasties should be putting in more cactii.... https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?TX D3 Extreme drought for my area. How about everyone else?
D1 - I was wondering why the mud was so firm. I should start watering more. Of course, the flood warning is still in effect until the 17th. The 80% chance of thunderstorms earlier this week didn't yield a sprinkle.

Good Morning! Got another banana flowering. This is the store bought one the dog loved destroying. I hopefully will compare the taste of this one to the dumped banana.

Moved the now 11 day old Sumatra chicks out yesterday. One Silkie hen decided she would sleep in that new enclosure with the chicks and dug herself a nest. I'm sure the chicks stayed in the huddle box last night and she was sleeping up next to it. Our low was 75.4 overnight so calling them done and a success regardless.

Looks like you might be in or just miss that hail @RUNuts I had to look at "khou weather" since we will be flirting with high 90's and possibly triple digits this week down here. The latest cool front stalled 20 minutes north of us and is already headed north.
Missed me, thank goodness. We got a couple of light drizzles with thunder to the north. Hope no one got hurt with the hail.

The video from the Wedding Venue was scary. That little tent they were in was getting blown around. Hope the wedding was a success.

Oh dang.....that's harsh.... Hope all are safe...

We had forecast of serious rain/T-storms for over 5 days regarding this weekend's rain....Friday morning that all changed.
Sunshine on and off all day 20-30% chance of a stray shower.... Yup. Heard thunder south of us. A sprinkling for about 5 minutes , once. Two later sprinkles of less that a minute each...

I got some reorganizing to the coop today & yesterday iadded some perches and roosts in the runs for everyone. Will add pics later this weekend/week...

Need to finish up the edging for the poop board 1st. They were very excited to enter the coop as it got dark.. once I opened the chickens door they came in fast.... :gig

Back
Top Bottom