Texas

Wow we have someone from Cypress now. That is way too cool. Welcome to the Texas thread @RUNuts I am throwing you to the curb now. Regardless you need his help finding a new home for cockerels. Mine go in the stew pot they did their job.

Oh, oops! I was in Cypress, 49 years, but just moved out to the wilds between New Waverly and Coldspring 2 years ago. Guess I need to update my profile. Love having the Sam out the back fence, but it does come with a heavier predator load. I learned a lot having my hens down in suburbia, and so far, we haven't had much of an issue. My neighbor, on the other hand....

Being a Texan chicken keeper I do not stress the heat much. I try to make sure the are heat tolerant @Flame80 sure you can go to home depot and buy misters and fans, but the sun moves periodically and when that spot is in direct sunlight there will never be a chicken there to get any benefit.

Oh so is anyone even preparing much for this tropical system? It is looking like nothing more than a wind event for us. For @Kiki and @RUNuts it might be time to buy toilet paper and rice and maybe a canned soup... It doesn't look axe in the attic bad. Still sucks HOU will be on the rain side of this. I'll drink my 3 year old water once I shut up.

Last edited:
Oh so is anyone even preparing much for this tropical system? It is looking like nothing more than a wind event for us. For @Kiki and @RUNuts it might be time to buy toilet paper and rice and maybe a canned soup... It doesn't look axe in the attic bad. Still sucks HOU will be on the rain side of this. I'll drink my 3 year old water once I shut up.
Not really "preparing for it".... Just yet....

@electrycmonk fellow weathernerd! I just do not like the models for these things pointing my way. Looking like Rockport and Corpus to me. Still all the rain falls north and east. Appears to at least be an in a hurry system. So not putting a can of soup on the shopping list yet. I still bet it will be named by noon. The Gulf is so hot right now. https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=2
storm_91.gif

5:45am imagery seems to show the first indications closed circulation is starting is why I say that. https://cdn.star.nesdis.noaa.gov//GOES16/ABI/SECTOR/GM/13/GOES16-GM-13-1000x1000.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom