Aug 8, 2019
caught in 'Denton vortex', Tx
My Coop

Ursuline Chick

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Jul 21, 2017
NOLA
Yesterday our temp over night steadied at 35°F then rose to a whopping 38° by about 4pm then stayed at 37° until a little while ago.... Awoke about 7-8AM to a heavy rain and wind gusts near 20 outta the N..... Yucky.

Chickens were fine when I checked on the about 10AM this morning.....

Hey @Ursuline Chick here's the latest radar loop... Looks like your about 30-45 minutes from the next band?

https://cdn.star.nesdis.noaa.gov//GOES16/ABI/SECTOR/GM/13/GOES16-GM-13-1000x1000.gif
Thanks for the invite to the Texas thread @electrycmonk .
:frow Hi y'all, good to meet you.
This stupid hurricane is trying to become a cat 3 and plans to go right over ME. :lau:lau:gig
Ah well just waiting for it to pass, at least there isn't a lot of rain with it.
Chickens are well protected, so they won't become little Dorothys, flying over New Orleans.
With my luck they will find a hansom rooster and never come home :thWe should get hit by the eye at about 1805. I am so tired from restless sleep last night, that I may end up missing the whole thing. :eek: At least tomorrow the temp should be in the lower 60's. So if we have no electricity we won't need the A/C, or the heater. Small blessings to be thankful for, like you thinking about me with this radar site. It was very interesting, of course I find anything about this storm interesting right now. :caf

electrycmonk

_This space intentionally left blank_
Premium Feather Member
Aug 8, 2019
caught in 'Denton vortex', Tx
My Coop
Subject change... @AllenK RGV color me a glutton for punishment.....
I'm already past the idea & have moved into the "penciling in" planning stage.

1) Shift a few things around in run
2) minor Mods to coop
3) prep one of the large crates for silkie pancakes* (with a twist)
4) Roo's and hens have been appearing to get along alot better attitude-wise for ever longer periods.
5) setup in coop a crate for silkie pancake to hatch out some EE, sexlink & RIR eggs in late January/February?
6) to try to recover the flock losses over the last several months.

Chicken math 201? /Snickers

Matejka

Songster
Mar 12, 2020
Lyons Texas
What the hell happened???
Got up this morning, sun came up, me outside, beautiful cloudless sky, not a breath of wind. I decide to wash clothes.
First load hung on line, sky clouding up.
Second load hung on line, spotty clouds, wind picking up.
Third load, 58 with 20+ mph wind, they got hung.
Last load, flannel sheets are going in the dryer. Forget the clothes line.

Top Bottom