Texas

My monies are on Eta slamming into Nicaragua. It appears to have taken a southerly turn.
https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/GOES16_sector_band.php?sector=car&band=02&length=24

And on another note, have any of y'all been watching typhoon Gnoi, hitting the Philippines. One of the most powerful tropical systems ever recorded on Earth is now packing 195 mph winds (170 knots, 315 km/h) with gusts of 235 mph (205 knots, 380 km/h). The central pressure of 876 mbar !
View attachment 2395165View attachment 2395166View attachment 2395167View attachment 2395169
Holy $#!+ That is just amazing low pressure & wind speeds!!!!! I've been busy offline today....

Tomorrow I start "working" again since my knee surgery 2 years ago. Starting back up with 3 clients.

Glad I also voted earlier this week too.

I don't know why the media are pretending that this thing dies in Nicaragua(sandanistalandia sorry I have to look at my map again to figure out the countries) the modeling shows it going to FL in my opinion.
storm_29.gif

I hate to get all worked up over these storms but I am never going to let one get the drop on me. They are bad even when you know they are coming. This is coming from a tornado alley kid who my dad claims I threw bricks into a funnel cloud as a youngin and it sounds like something I would have done. Plus back then there were only 3 channels on TV and they were always news. I have no memory of that but I do remember eating crickets.

New model run:

Attachments

• 123758328_10158548345677367_177193575637026700_o.jpg
    123758328_10158548345677367_177193575637026700_o.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I dread bad storms of any kind, but I do enjoy a gentle rain or snow. The crud that went through here left us with a bunch of big fallen limbs and branches. Granted, we have a lot of old mesquite and hackberry trees on our acreage... but it's still a pain to get it all cleaned back up. Especially with those gosh darn thorns! 😡

I dread bad storms of any kind, but I do enjoy a gentle rain or snow. The crud that went through here left us with a bunch of big fallen limbs and branches. Granted, we have a lot of old mesquite and hackberry trees on our acreage... but it's still a pain to get it all cleaned back up. Especially with those gosh darn thorns! 😡
Yep I have spent good money on gloves to deal with thorns whether prickly pear, citrus mesquite or hackberry. For the latter I have leathers that come up to my elbows. Uline has a good selection of OHSA compliant gloves for prickly pears. Leather just doesn't stop a prickly pear.

Cleanup is usually a snap for us just drag it all to the burn pit after cutting it to the right size with the Greenworks Pro 18" chainsaw. I love these electric doodads.

Last edited:
Yep I have spent good money on gloves to deal with thorns whether prickly pear, citrus mesquite or hackberry. For the latter I have leathers that come up to my elbows. Uline has a good selection of OHSA compliant gloves for prickly pears. Leather just doesn't stop a prickly pear.
Sounds like a good idea, thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
I ordered these "Florist Pro" gloves from Home Depot. They suck for prickly pear, but are great fView attachment 2396228for hackberry, mesquite and citrus. they were about 20 bucks for leather and whatever that bulletproof material is called.
Those are some good looking gloves!! I will definitely be looking to get a pair. I hope they still have them. 🙏🤞

Back
Top Bottom