Texas

I am in Sulphur Springs...looking to find someone that has a tom for my hen, as well as a pair of peafowl. Would also like to get a few more guineas.

I also have not read all the pages in this topic but will when I get the chanch. We live between San Antonio and Poteet Tx on about 7 acres of sand and weeds.

I have my backyard chickens for house eggs and have 3 hens who love to be broody in that bunch. They free roam and drive the cats nuts cause they found where I feed them and now they eat the cat food when they know I am feeding the cats. I have 4 little Basque chicks and am also interested in the Delaware breed. I have 5 little ones so far and am traveling to Ideal Hatchery to pick up some pullets in Oct. Also have a nice little young batch of Lt Sussexs. In July we got hatching eggs for Aussies and now have quite a few of them. Hatch out was very good for pullets and we got enough roos to keep them happy in the hatch.

Husband has gotten into SFHens. He loves the different colors of the birds. All ours are little at this time we now have 18 of them. 4 from eggs from Ebay and 4 chicks from Greenfires Farm that came in the week of the hurricane. We drove up to where Glynda on BYC lives here in Tx and brought back 16 eggs one day and out of them 1 was a dudd and 5 decided they didn't want to be chickens so we ended up with 10 little ones born on the 10th of this month. Consider that a good hatch out. He has crested and noncrested. Early next year we will sort out the roosters and sell some of them. He hopes to be able to sell hatching eggs next yr for both the SFHens and the Aussies. He is so excited as his 4 turkey eggs are due to hatch this Thursday
He got the eggs from a woman on BYC that lives in NY where he came from she sent him 6 eggs and only 2 were duds

All my brother and I have done all summer is build chicken coops and yards. We finish up the Aussie and Lt Sussexs yards this weekend and then we start on the next trio of coops. Then we are doing a hoop coop and yard. Then this winter we will redo the brooder coop as its a very old lean too that my dad built back in the 70s.

We had a bad yr last yr with coons around and ended up with trapping 5 and feeding them to the buzzards and shoting 3. I have a dog that smells them before we see them. He goes crazy when he knows they are around. This yr no coons but snakes. They got in and got some of my broody hens eggs.. so far the fake egg got 1 snake and my snake trap earlier this week trapped a 3 foot rat snake. Bird netting is all around the coop yards now.

I yak too much sorry.

Hey everyone!

So we got our coop:

Which has a small run. We're making another run out of the goat fencing hopefully this weekend. It'll be lightweight and moveable.

Aaaaand.... we got our girls!! Turns out someone very close to us was selling 4 Easter eggers 2-20 weeks old and 2-16/17 week old. We jumped on it. We had them home for 2 days when one of them decided to start laying! We're very excited!! We still want to get some another breed - I'd love a Large Brown egg layer.
Here they are and well as the first egg (its smallish I'm hoping they get larger!!

Living Lushly,
~Namaste

Quote:

You mentioned peafowl? No we don't have any to sell but it reminded me of something. For the last month or so we have a Peacock that comes over daily. He's GORGEOUS!! I've added peafowl to my list of wants when we get more land! LOL Good luck!

Living Lushly,
~Namaste

Last edited:
I'm a little down, don't know how much a h.a. and stroke took out of me. Got outside and noticed the guinies we got a few months ago. They have BLUE heads and are beautiful (and stupid). WE have hundreds of chickens, many rare breeds, most raised from eggs and are trying to be ready for the spring. Got to do something, don't drive anymore.

Hi Paul! I am sorry you had a heart attack and stroke.
hugs.gif
You will be in my prayers. My Dad went through that a couple of times and with time he always bounced back.

Where are you located?

Lisa :)

What kind of tom are you looking for? I have a couple of extra Bourbon Reds I might part with. They are about three years old and I am near Uvalde, TX.
My hen is a white broad breast, she is about 6 months old. You are over 7 hours from me, not sure we can make that work??

From one heart buddy to another I know it sucks, I have been going 11 years now after 2 massive HA's and being in a coma for 2 weeks and I am on my fourth internal cardian defibrillator. But life is good.

The broad breasted turkey hen is a meat turkey. You will need heritage turkeys to raise and breed. How much does she weigh right now?

Hey everyone!

So we got our coop:

Which has a small run. We're making another run out of the goat fencing hopefully this weekend. It'll be lightweight and moveable.

Aaaaand.... we got our girls!! Turns out someone very close to us was selling 4 Easter eggers 2-20 weeks old and 2-16/17 week old. We jumped on it. We had them home for 2 days when one of them decided to start laying! We're very excited!!  We still want to get some another breed - I'd love a Large Brown egg layer.
Here they are and well as the first egg (its smallish I'm hoping they get larger!!

Living Lushly,
~Namaste
Nice hens & the coop looks really nice :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom