Texas

I'm from the middle west but, really enjoy reading Texas news. They keep promising us rain/thunderstorms and they lie. We could use them badly. Even when it does rain it just sinks fast into the ground. Our area was a former quarry and has loads of boulders under the grassy lawns.*

Interesting though when we moved in over 50 years ago, everyone else had a hose and were pumping out their flooded basements, Our basement was totally dry.*

Also found tons of empty paint cans, and other debris. Ours was the last house built on this area and quite apparently, the garbage from earlier homes was shoved from one house to the next to the end of block (us) and covered with some dirt. Thanks alot.

BTW typing in basement, it is so cold now with A/C on, have to go find one of my fleece jackets - I'm freezing down here.

Last edited:
We have a compressor that just quit. Do compressor have a reset button, or fuse?
No idea how old it is, or where instructions are, it was here when I got here 7 yrs ago.
How would I go about troubleshooting?
Tractor still stuck.

Oh!
I see (smell) we have a skunk. Saw him just now in yard. Smelled him a few mornings ago.

I'm rambling-needmorecoffee
Pictures dear. Can’t help troubleshoot stuff with just text on a screen (smirks).....

speaking of compressors.... after troubleshooting our HVAC system over the last 5 days called the tech. (Grumbles) the air handler (inside) is now leaking Freon..... (takes a deep breath) getting ready for sticker shock as all kinds of stuff has had a 20-30% increase in price over the last 6 months....

I'm from the middle west but, really enjoy reading Texas news. They keep promising us rain/thunderstorms and they lie. We could use them badly. Even when it does rain it just sinks fast into the ground. Our area was a former quarry and has loads of boulders under the grassy lawns.*

Interesting though when we moved in over 50 years ago, everyone else had a hose and were pumping out their flooded basements, Our basement was totally dry.*

Also found tons of empty paint cans, and other debris. Ours was the last house built on this area and quite apparently, the garbage from earlier homes was shoved from one house to the next to the end of block (us) and covered with some dirt. Thanks alot.

BTW typing in basement, it is so cold now with A/C on, have to go find one of my fleece jackets - I'm freezing down here.
Hey Diva, what’s the nearby town for you? My g33ky weather brain wants to see if your out near the “dry line zone”.....

Pictures dear. Can’t help troubleshoot stuff with just text on a screen (smirks).....

speaking of compressors.... after troubleshooting our HVAC system over the last 5 days called the tech. (Grumbles) the air handler (inside) is now leaking Freon..... (takes a deep breath) getting ready for sticker shock as all kinds of stuff has had a 20-30% increase in price over the last 6 months....

speaking of compressors.... after troubleshooting our HVAC system over the last 5 days called the tech. (Grumbles) the air handler (inside) is now leaking Freon..... (takes a deep breath) getting ready for sticker shock as all kinds of stuff has had a 20-30% increase in price the last 6 months....
Duh! Here I thought you were superman! Do anything at the click of a button.
Grumbles
Pictures on the way. Found the reset button, and I think I found most of the problem-did you know that "some" compressors require
OIL?
20210607_043038.jpg

Oh boy! I KNOW how to take care of the HVAC with NO NO sticker shock.
Hee hee!
after further snooping-it has plenty of oil and an audible "click" when I pushed reset. Haven't tried it out yet.

Duh! Here I thought you were superman! Do anything at the click of a button.
Grumbles
Pictures on the way. Found the reset button, and I think I found most of the problem-did you know that "some" compressors require
OIL?View attachment 2707566

Oh boy! I KNOW how to take care of the HVAC with NO NO sticker shock.
Hee hee!
after further snooping-it has plenty of oil and an audible "click" when I pushed reset. Haven't tried it out yet.
FYI. Those little “brushless” motors are known as SLS (short life span) and “parts prices” are supposedly too high to repair, thus making them intentionally throwaway. However, the tank itself is (if kept property drained to avoid
Water buildup in tank) decades of life. So expect 4-10 years outta the motor.

Back
Top Bottom