Texas

Hello everyone! I'm so glad I found this thread. I am from Louisiana but my family and I moved to the Canyon Lake area(between San Antonio and Austin) 2 years ago. I have to say, the Texas Hill Country is absolutely beautiful!!! I just started my flock and I am hooked! As soon as my DH builds my new, and bigger coop, I plan on getting a lot more chickens.

Chicklette, I would love for you to take these two or at least one. Chuck, they are half OEG and half Sultan. One is larger in size then the other. They are a little flighty but not aggressive to people at all. I will take some more pics and post them later today. Just let me know. :D

Hello everyone I live just south of houston I am looking to add to my flock of silkies anyone know where I can get some. I have other chickens to they are a cross breed. My silkies have their own area but all are let out to roam my yard, they do great together when let out but still keep them sep. during the day. Anyways I really only want girls no boys right now. Thanks for your help.

Hello everyone! I'm so glad I found this thread. I am from Louisiana but my family and I moved to the Canyon Lake area(between San Antonio and Austin) 2 years ago. I have to say, the Texas Hill Country is absolutely beautiful!!! I just started my flock and I am hooked! As soon as my DH builds my new, and bigger coop, I plan on getting a lot more chickens. 
welcome!!

Here are the pics of the two roosters. The biggest one is Chester and the smaller one is King. They have v combs.
They will be 6 months on the 12th.

Last edited:
Currently, the city ordiance does allow chickens, but they must be kept 150 feet away from any property line....That doesn't apply to me and I believe as with many other Allen citizens who live on a cookie cutter, small lot size within a subsdivision...I'm desperately trying to find people in the city to change this, to allow us keeping at least a small flock of hens in our backyard....I'm unable to find more than 2 citizens who can join....

Anyone has any other suggestion for me to recruit more local people? Please help!

Thank you!

Missypebble and I have been chatting, and we are going to be going before the city council in Allen to start talking about changes to the ordinance to make it less restrictive, while still protecting neighborhoods, property values, etc. We think we have a good plan that is fair to everybody, and hope it is well received. If anybody is in the area and wants to attend when we go to these meetings, please PM me and let me know. I will be happy to share the information. We'd sure appreciate the support! :eek:)

Thanks!
Don

Hi, looking for a Basque Hen young roo and pullets. Let me know if you have any for sale, trade, or maybe later. Could also use eggs or chicks too for the fall. I am trying to expand my flock and starting a BH project. Any breeders out there????? Thanks...

:welcome Your in our end of the world :)

Back
Top Bottom